Chapter 22

~ If this night is not forever, at least we are together

I know I'm not alone, I know I'm not alone. ~

***

Sirius had put the coffee to brew on the stove. The dishes were all cleared up and even though he hated all the house work, he had grown accustomed to it. The only thing he hated was that he couldn't use magic to aid him as he was still underage.

Adding the milk and sugar, he turned and glanced out in the living room where Felicity was seated on the couch. He had to admit though that he had never once thought that this short tempered Ravenclaw could actually be his cousin.

But now the fates had spoken and he had to put up with her no matter what, since not only was she was his cousin but also the daughter of his most favorite uncle.

Placing both the cups in a tray he made sure that he hadn't left the gas on in a hurry, like he had done just a few days ago risking both his and his uncle's life. When he was certain nothing could possibly explode the kitchen, he headed out.

He found her sitting on the couch in complete silence as if lost in deep thought. She was probably pondering over all she had learnt about the truth from her parents. She didn't notice when Sirius came and sat down across from her, placing the tray on the center table.

He offered one coffee cup to Felicity who looked up at him as if startled. "You can take it, Felicity, I assure you I haven't poisoned it," he remarked when she made no attempt to take the cup.

"I'm still quite doubtful about that."

He laughed, "I wouldn't get anything from attempting to poison you. Besides you're the daughter of my favorite uncle making you the one cousin I should sincerely care for."

She took the cup but was still looking at him suspiciously, "you aren't running a fever today, are you?"

Despite himself, a teasing smirk took over his face, "nope. But I get it why you're asking. You are not yet accustomed to the concept of me being nice."

Felicity rolled her eyes at him mockingly, "you can never be nice."

He raised an eyebrow skeptically, "oh really? I have to disagree then because being nice is exactly what I have been doing since the past whole day."

She took a sip of the coffee and was surprised that it actually did taste a lot better than she had expected. It was as if the universe was bent on showing how wrong she was in her judgments about everything. "So... Had you known about my connection to your uncle earlier or did you find it out today as well?"

He shrugged, "to be honest, I found about it all today. Though I had once seen your mother's photograph in Uncle's belongings and today when I saw her with you, I realized why you had the temper that could easily rival my mother's."

She kept silent even though a snide remark was right on the tip of her tongue. 

"Then everything started to fall into place like pieces from a jigsaw puzzle," he resumed, "when I had just moved in with him, I had a billion school tales to narrate and of course some of them included you. He would simply listen with great attention and ask me to repeat each incident I recalled of you. At first I thought maybe he was just as amused as I was by the idea that someone could be so annoying as you are."

She spoke, "and now?"

"And now I see why he so loved to listen to your antics. He would probably be thinking how opposite his daughter turned out to be after all he had hoped and wished for."