Chapter 51

~ I don't care about what's popular, I don't hear a word they say.

What I know is that it's you and me until both of our dying day. ~

***

Sunlight filtered in through the curtains, partially illuminating the bedroom in a comfortable light. Marlene stirred a little, her hand holding Felicity's sleeping form close to her, head resting on Fel's arm that was comfortably tucked under her neck, blonde hair splayed out on the white sheets. 

Blue eyes fluttered open as the sunlight poured in further striking her pristine face and it took her a moment to process the situation. She turned slightly to see Marlene sound asleep beside her. Last night's events were still a bit hazy due to the aftereffects of Firewhiskey but she could clearly recall her first kiss and a soft smile crept over her features.

Her hand reached out to gently touch her face, palm gliding softly across the curve of her cheek. She looked irresistibly beautiful to her at the moment, blonde hair glistening in the faint sunlight. The tattoo that started from her neck trailed down to her waist, an intricate pattern of thorny roses and vines.

"Up already, Fel?" Marlene's voice was slurred a little for she was still half asleep though her hand trailed up to her back and she nestled her head in the crook of her neck.

A light laugh escaped Felicity's lips and she lifted herself a little, gently cupping her face, fingers softly caressing her cheek.

"If I could wake up to this sound each day of my life, I would consider myself the luckiest person on Earth," Marlene mumbled, her eyes opening at last as she rested her head on her hand, propping her elbow up.

"Good morning."

Her hand reached out to cup Fel's cheek in her palm, pulling her closer as she kissed her lightly, "morning."

She felt quite at ease with Marlene, a feeling she had never before felt with anyone. And though it had all happened so sudden, in the heat of the moment at the Potters wedding, still she thought it was for the best. Maybe she would have never had found out that Marlene felt the same way if she kept on resisting.

"Marlene," Felicity mumbled, gaining her attention almost immediately, "I know this may sound a little weird but... You used to have a crush on Sirius, right?"

Marlene's eyes crinkled as she laughed, "yes. We dated in secret in our sixth year but then I found out that I wasn't the right person for him and vice versa."

"How so?" Despite herself the words slipped past her lips.

"At first everything was okay but both of us are too similar to adjust to each other," she elaborated, resting her head back on the pillow but her eyes were still focused on Felicity, her finger gently curling a strand of her companion's jet black hair, "both of us needed someone who could hold us down and so we were bad for each other. We indulged in our addictions and had no one to stop us and gradually it turned more of a heavy burden that we wanted to break out from."

Felicity was surprised how she had never noticed anything about Sirius that could hint at him having gone through such emotions, neither had he ever told her earlier, "and then...?"

"And then I realized that both of us were together for the wrong reasons. We were running away from what we really wanted and even though we held hands for that short time span, we could not find the same satisfaction and sincerity it felt to be with a loved one."

Felicity had not ever expected someone like Marlene to have such deep thoughts but then she was learning new stuff about people around her everyday and that was another aspect she added to her knowledge.

"You know what, Fel, I hadn't known straight out that I wanted to be with you. It was not until I started to spend more time with you that I realized. But Sirius had known all along who he wanted to be with. His heart belongs to that person but he disguises it because he isn't ready to risk their already existing bond."

Felicity nodded, understanding the situation, "that's exactly how I had felt towards you, Marls. I had always feared that our friendship would be lost if I told you how I truly felt so I kept silent."

"It's a very understandable fear," she smiled slightly, her green eyes gleaming as an assuring look spread on her features, "even when he was dating me, I knew he was caught up elsewhere but couldn't articulate his own feelings well. And so I was the one who broke off our relationship. We are still friends and probably no one except Lily and James know that this even happened. But it was the right thing to do, we had to let go of each other to proceed further in our own lives."

However, sounds of crockery and light laughter could be heard from outside so the two straightened, realizing that they were not the only ones who had spent the night at Magnolia Crescent's house seven.

"Who could it be?" Marlene straightened, reaching out for her wand that was placed at the bedside table.

"Don't worry, it's Sirius. He's the only one other than me who has the key to this place and can access it," Felicity remarked, disentangling herself from the sheets. 

Marlene put the wand back, "let's go get some breakfast then before he explodes the kitchen."

"Sure," she nodded, smiling back at her.

The two freshened up and changed into a much casual pair of clothing then headed out. Felicity had pulled her hair up into a ponytail while Marlene refused to do anything with her own, stating that she loved the disco queen look her hair had attained.

However, the kitchen held in store a rather unexpected sight for them and though Felicity had been too surprised to even step in or say anything, Marlene rushed off to grab a camera and clicked a picture.

"Payback's a bitch, Siri," she remarked loudly, flicking the picture in front of Sirius who reached out to grab it but she stepped back, pocketing it.

"Marlene, give it back this second," Sirius threatened but then his eyes landed on Felicity and he spoke up, "oh morning, Fel, what a pleasant surprise. We were making breakfast for you two."

Felicity recovered from the shock and a small smile flickered on her face as she spoke, "guess the Potters wedding will go down in history for one more union. By the way, congratulations."

***

A/N: any guesses on who the person is to whom Siri's heart belongs? Mention in the comments.