Chapter 12

~ It's in your hand, follow my plan

Don't waiver to the left, don't waiver to the right. ~

***

A few days earlier, the three boys were crowded around Sirius intent on hearing the brilliant plan he had promised to share with them. There had been pin drop silence in the dorm as they waited for him to speak up. The silence had been successfully preserved because only that once James Potter was also very eager to know what could finally release him from the curse of the love of his life believing he was with someone else.

But now when Remus accounted his conversation with Felicity to the remaining of the gang, the whole plan seemed to be crumbling apart.

Sirius was the one listening with utmost disappointment on his face He couldn't believe that such a fool proof plan as the one they had come up with could get sniffed out by the target. "All you had to do, Moony, was to befriend her and ask her out to Hogsmeade so that we could have had a chance to let Lily know that you two were dating and James was still going stag."

Remus who had been quite flustered with the whole plan even before it had been put to action, scowled more visibly than ever, "bugs me why you didn't do it yourself if it was this easy as you're making it seem. After all, you're Sirius Black, the master of flirting and making girls putty in your hands."

James agreed with him on that point, "now that you've pointed it out, yes it does seem weird. Padfoot, why didn't you go to ask Latvia out instead of Rem?

"What? Nope, absolutely not," he shook his head dramatically, "I don't want my good looks to be ruined which she might do so by punching me in the face afterwards."

A smile threatened to break on his face, but Remus did his best to hide it, "yeah, so you chickened out and sent me to be punched. How sweet."

Peter, who had kept silent so far observing the scenario, joined in, "but you didn't get punched now, did you?"

"Exactly. That's why I sent you, Moony. I knew you were safe from getting punched or physically hurt in any way possible. In case of an annoying smirkface like me she would go for the kill but obviously she just had to take pity on you."

"Oh, so now you mean to say that I look like a cute little lost kitty who someone like Latvia would immediately take pity on and become fond of."

Remus's remark set James and Peter laughing but Sirius seemed to be thinking something else as his characteristic smirk was visible, "not really... Because you look cuter than any lost kitty existing in the entire world at the moment."

"I'm still not flattered," he replied vaguely.

In the end it was James who held his hands up to withdraw the argument, "okay will you two kindly stop? Some of us are having trouble catching up."

Remus nodded, "fine, but what should I do now? I screwed up and I no longer want to keep screwing things up so you better forget about the plan altogether."

Sirius looked at him as if horrified and James's good mood evaporated at the thought of Lily still believing that he and Felicity were a couple. However at such a time of dire need, Peter came to the rescue, "why the hell are you three making such a big deal out of it? You screwed up, so what? I trust you all do know what to do after you've screwed something up."

"What do we do is the question at the moment, Pete. If we had known we wouldn't be sitting here like that," came the agitated reply.

Peter was shaking his head like a grandmother does after her grandchild has spilled all the soup and asks what to do next, "you apologize, silly."