Chapter 28

~ Alone, alone with a sky of romance above

Alone, alone on a night that was meant for love. ~ 

***

The sky outside her window was clear; perfect for going on a Hogsmeade trip. Felicity wore a sweater just in case it would get chilly later on and after checking that all her stuff was secure and in place, she called Alicia, "okay I'm ready, let's get going."

"Wait a second, Fel, I think we've got some company too," came the reply and the statement surprised her a bit. She had never had anyone else joining them for the weekend before and now that Alicia had announced it, it felt a bit strange.

Grabbing her satchel, she came out of the dorm to the common room. A loud cheer of "Surprise" greeted her when she did so.

And true enough, a big surprise it was. Gathered in the common room were quite a number of people including Lily's friends; Dorcas, Hestia, Mary, Marlene and Remus as well.

"Woah, that's a lot of company," she remarked to Alicia who laughed it off.

"I bet this is going to be one fun filled trip," she replied.

Seeing Remus standing in a corner without the other two of his gang mates, Felicity asked, "where are the two idiots today? Did they find a date as well?"

A small smile spread on his face as he shook his head, "aren't you glad that they are not here?"

"Ah... That's correct; I'm absolutely overjoyed," she stated.

Marlene took it upon herself to be the spokesperson of the group, "well, you know Felicity, today our friend Lily and your friend James went on a date, and besides the whole school ships them so we really hope the date turns into a relationship. Anyways, since we were missing people in our group we decided to team up for this weekend."

"Team up?"

"Yeah," she resumed, "Remus here thinks that those two idiots who you mentioned a few seconds ago are going to spoil the much awaited date. So we all are pretty much going as a rescue squad."

Spoil the date? The mere idea of it was a bit unexpected for her. Why would James's very best friends spoil the only opportunity he got with Lily Evans after so many years of rather impatient waiting?

"Well, I didn't say they were intentionally going to spoil the date," Remus elaborated noticing the confusion on her face, "they said they were only going to look out for James."

"And who else knows it better than you that whenever Sirius comes up with a plan, trouble inevitably strikes," Marlene remarked, a playful smirk dancing on her face.

Felicity couldn't agree more with that statement. Sirius was quite known for coming up with astounding plans that could crumble in a series of hazards.

"Well, I think we should get going now," Hestia remarked, "since it's very clear that Jily needs a little rescuing."

Felicity rose an eyebrow quizzically, "now who's this Jily?"

"Ah come one, it's our approved name for James and Lily," Dorcas answered, her green eyes widening in disbelief that Fel didn't know of it yet, "I thought the whole school knew by now."