Chapter 26

~Knowing that you care always makes me smile

You are what makes living worthwhile.~

***

With Christmas drawing near, the festive spirit was quite evident in the Hogwarts atmosphere. Even in the times when the Wizarding World was at the brink of war, an event like Christmas was considered as a sole source of hope and joy for many. A lot of the students were going back to their homes to spend the merry time of Christmas with their families and so were all the Marauders.

Sirius knew this was going to be the best Christmas he would ever have since he wouldn't have to go to the dreary old Grimmauld Place again. The thought of it all was quite refreshing to him. Being away from the rest of the Blacks had done him more good than harm lately as he had found that now he felt a lot more at ease and rightfully alive.

His Uncle too was nothing short of a blessing to him. And thinking of his Uncle, he was no doubt reminded of Felicity. He didn't know whether she was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas or not, so he decided to go and ask from her himself.

"Hey, Rem, have you seen my annoying little cousin?" Sirius went up to Remus and asked casually, knowing that the other two were probably out of ear shot; with James gone off to find Lily and Peter just not somewhere in sight.

"She was going to Professor Sinistra's office a short while ago," he replied, "just check somewhere on the fourth corridor and if she's not there then she'll either be in the library or the common room."

Sirius nodded and went on his search, however luckily for him he spotted her coming out of Professor Sinistra's office. "Hey, Felicity!" he waved enthusiastically at her.

She was a bit surprised to see him but walked over to him, "hey. What's up?"

"Nothing much," he replied, "just wanted to know if you're staying here for the break or coming home."

"Home... As in, Father's place?" she raised an eyebrow quizzically.

He nodded, scratching the back of his neck a little, "uh yeah... So are you coming or not?"

Her eyes narrowed as if pondering over it, "I already told Mum that I'm staying here for Christmas, as usual."

He was shocked at her remark, "you don't go home for Christmas?"

"Nope," she shrugged, "I like it better here."

He paused for a while because he felt as if her problem was a bit similar to his. She probably didn't go back home for Christmas because she must have had some family issues like he did Then he recalled she had once mentioned how she and her stepdad Stefan seldom got along.

"I understand," his tone was much lighter now as if he had figured out exactly what to do, "but Uncle Alphard would love to have you there for Christmas. Since you've already told your Mum that you're staying here, it won't be much of a problem if you came with me instead."

She thought it over for a while in her mind, "but Sirius..."

"Felicity, wouldn't you want Uncle to have one genuinely happy Christmas?" He knew very well that he had struck right on the mark and that was the best thing to say to her in order to make her agree. Also combined with his adorably innocent pretty please look, he knew she would definitely give in.

And he was right. She sighed, "alright then, I'll come. But it's only because of Father, don't give yourself too much credit because in the rest of the situations, you are still not capable of making me agree to anything you say."