Chapter 29

~ Everything is looking up, everybody up now

This is gonna be the best day of my life.~

***

"For the last time, Prongs, shut up or I'll stuff your mouth with a pillow," a rather irritated Sirius remarked while shooting a warning glare to the boy in spectacles sitting right across from him.

James had been narrating an account of his absolutely perfect day with Lily Evans. The only problem was that he would constantly lose track that he had already told the three of them the whole day's story more than thrice. At Sirius's threat, the dreamy look vanished from his face as he was not expecting that reaction. "Not fair, Padfoot!"

"No, he's right. It's about time for you to come out of Lily La La Land," Peter spoke up, and when James turned to him, he gestured to the earplugs on his hands which he deftly put in his ears, knowing that James was not going to shut up anytime soon.

"Et tu, Pete."

Hearing the words that came out of his friend's mouth, Remus looked up from the essay he had been writing and assessed the situation. Realizing the context in which James had used the famous dialogue from the play Julius Cesar, he rolled over laughing hysterically. When he finally succeeded to get a grip on himself, he clapped James on the back appreciatively, "I'm so proud of you, son."

"I don't get what's more surprising; James quoting a line from a Shakespearean play or you referring to him as your son," Sirius rolled his eyes warily.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Rather flustered James stood up, "I guess I should go and find Felicity. At least she would listen."

Sirius pretended to choke on his non-existent drink, "listening and Felicity? That just won't work, mate. Forgot last year so early?"

"If none of you have noticed, she is much more reasonable than she used to be in our fifth year. Worth a shot at least," he reasoned, "after all, you three are doing nothing but acting like awful time wasters."

"Says the guy who's spent an hour repeating the same bloody sentence," Sirius mumbled, then straightening up he tried to mimic James, "I went on a date with Lily Evans, Merlin, this is the best day of my life! It's the hundredth time I'm saying that, but I'm so smitten that I just don't care anymore."

"I'm not so smitten..."

The three of them spoke in unison, "yes you are. You've been smitten with her since day one."

He held his hands up as if surrendering, "okay, okay. Yeah I am totally smitten with her and I admit that. But since you guys aren't being helpful, I'm going to find Fel. Hopefully she would know what Lily thought of the date."

"Just Lily? Aren't you going to call her your Lily flower?"

James only made an irritated face in reply and turned to step out of the dorm. Soon as he stepped out, Sirius announced, "peace restored. You can safely eject the earplugs now, Wormy. And Moon Moon can finally pay the much needed attention to his studies."

"And what are you going to do now that I have restored peace by leaving you guys?" James called out.

Sirius let out his rumbling bark like laugh, "ah what indeed? I'm going to sleep of course. My handsome self won't be this flawless without some beauty sleep, y'know."

***

James didn't know where Felicity was going to be exactly but he had a guess that she would be at the Astronomy tower. The sky was tranquil with silvery stars peeking through the folds of the clouds and he knew it was the sort of scene she would definitely love to see.