The Sun Will Shine Again {L.L.} (c)

character: loki laufeyson-odinson
fandom: MCU (avengers)

INFINITY WAR SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOTE: THE OUTCOME CHANGED A BIT BECAUSE I WANTED IT TO HAVE A HAPPY ENDING BECAUSE ALL THE ANGST GETS TO YOU AFTER A WHILE.

LAST SPOILER WARNING.

"I promise you, both of you, the sun will shine on us again." It was all he could manage before he was lifted into the air by Thanos' hand. You could only watch, as Ebony Maw held you close to him, one arm wrapped your neck and the other around your waist.

You didn't know who it was that held a knife to the Titan's throat because it surely wasn't your methodical husband. It was uncharacteristic of him, and you wondered what he was thinking- if he was thinking. It was usually you who acted brashly, not him, though you had been working on that as of late.

Thor was also being held, though he was fighting back, while you just stood there, watching in horror as your love was being choked to death. You knew if you didn't act now it would be too late. So, you sent Thor a small, sad smile and then threw your head into Ebony Maw's chin, causing him to release you from the surprise of it, leaving you to launch yourself at Thanos to hopefully distract him enough to release Loki- without killing him.

"You remind me of my daughter," the Titan grinned sinisterly and dropped your husband, leaving him to gasp for air as Thor started struggling even more, needing to help you, his sister, his brother's wife. "Brash and foolish." You didn't give anything away as he reached towards you with the same hand that had a second ago been moments away from killing your love. You gave Loki a wobbly smile as you faced what was surely your demise. "But you are with child, and I am not cruel." He grabbed you by the neck as well, though he didn't squeeze. How he knew you had no idea. You had only just found out when you had fled Asgard with the other refugees. By the devastated look on Loki's face, you knew he didn't know either. The only other person beside you- and now Thanos and all those still alive on the ship- who knew was Sif, and that was because she was there, supporting you the whole way. With a start, you realized you didn't know her fate. Was she still alive, or was she laying on the ground, cold and lifeless? Was she able to get away and get help? You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't notice Loki as he launched himself at Thanos with blurring speed. He was moving fast, faster than was possible, even with him being a god.

Thor also managed to get free, tearing into Thanos with nothing but his brute strength with a ferocity that you had never seen before. In his surprise, Thanos dropped you, and with a roar, he snarled and engaged your gods. The Black Order didn't intervene once, instead just standing there with different smug looks. Proxima Midnight made a point to smirk at you before turning back to face her master.

You weren't sure what happened next, however, as you were tackled by a body being thrown at you. You gasped for air as you landed on your back, panting. Whoever was on top of you was quick to move away and check over you.

"(Y/N)," the voice murmured urgently. "(Y/N)."

"I am fine, Loki," you whispered as you sat up, gasping as you felt a pain in your abdomen. Loki's horrified look to your midriff made your eyes widen as you stared at him in dread. You attempted to look down, but Loki took a hold of your chin and held your gaze.

"Do not look," Loki whispered. You could feel the tears build in your eyes but you did as he said, struggling to keep your eyes on him.

"I give no second chances," Thanos intoned from his spot next to Thor, holding him down with a hand, who had yet to speak until that moment.