one

[ joohyun's ]

[ joohyun's ]

it wasn't really my first time to meet him. i've been a lot of troubles with him since then, he's a friend and an acquaintance since childhood but we never get along with each other. but he is close with my brother.  

i started sketching at my small spiral sketchpad due to the feelings of boredom. statistics and probability isn't really my thing, although it is the simplest math out of all maths, i still hate it. and i never love math. same goes with him, math doesn't love me either.

our teacher is in the middle of writing on the white board about the subject when the door suddenly opened. i stopped rubbing my nape as my sketch got ruined because i got startled.

a man in his late thirties was standing by the door, he was happy to see our teacher paying attention to him. and there she stopped writing, “mr. seo, what are you doing here?”

“mrs. kwon, the office wanted to exchange your student yang jeongin with lee daehwi.” mr. seo said making me let out a sudden cough. i dropped my pen on my desk as mrs. kwon chuckled.

“oh, was that today? i forgot.” she smiled sweety and looked at her class. i saw jeongin stood up from his seat as he carried his bag, poor boy, he's a good student from this section. why does this exchanging of students exist in this school?

i watched jeongin walked towards mrs. kwon with a frown, some of the girls here got disappointed about his sudden departure. luckily i wasn't close to him, i wouldn't suffer instead, i have guanlin in my side.

“hey,” i heard him called. i looked at guanlin with a smirk plastered on his face. he suddenly motioned his head on the door where the four people was having their time. “he's your best friend right?” guanlin teased as i rolled my eyes.

“what makes you say that?”

he just shrugged and went back to his job which was taking down the notes that was written on the board. my eyes were locked at him, he is a cheerful person alright, everybody loves him. except me. why?

simple, he hates me.

//

it was lunch time when guanlin decided to ditch me for seonho from the lower grade. i sighed heavily thinking to eat on my own or just skip lunch because i wanted to finish my drawing.

i decided to fish my yogurt on my bag when i heard something from my phone. i stabbed the straw on the top of the container as i sipped onto the sweet strawberry flavor. my phone is placed on the top of my sketch book as it lits up due to the notification.

//

brat from next door:
so, it's quite nice seeing you here.
we're classmates again for the nth time.

you:
stop following me you feisty little shit.

brat from next door:
you fool, i wasn't following you. it happens
that this school put me in the wrong section.

brat from next door:
why are in this class anyway?

you:
because i am the top 2 student that's why.

brat from next door:
but i'm still the first.

you:
like i care?

brat from next door:
hmm, seems like you're jealous.
anyways, the first semester's ranking
is done, you're the top student in this class
but i am the top student in this whole batch.
and since i'm already here, you're going down.
i'll be replacing you.

you:
do as you like, i'm not gonna let that happen.

you:
you'll see lee daehwi, this second semester
will be your worst nightmare.

brat from next door:
i'm not afraid of you, you know that.

//

i put my phone down and pinched between my eyebrows. he's such a pain in the ass, why did he transfer into this section?!

“ey calm down, your head's gonna explode.” i looked at guanlin who just arrived as i saw seonho walked passed by the classroom. “what's wrong with you?”

“that punk is attacking me again.” i whined slamming my phone on my pad then i heard guanlin sighed.

“when are you going to understand the word, ‘peace’ huh joohyun?” he asked rolling his eyes as he sat down beside me.

“never in a million years.”