seven

[ joohyun's ]

[ joohyun's ]

a sunday morning doesn't hurt to make myself walk under the gentle sunlight heading towards my brother's dorm, he needs my help on literature since daniel is too busy. i arrived at exactly eight in the morning and found no one at home, except on jaehwan and jinyoung fooling around. jaehwan said he is getting ready and left me in their living room with jinyoung.

he was reading a book and i just sat down on their counter since the kitchen is just a meter away. i saw jinyoung took a book from his bag, i wasn't sure about the title but as i can see, the book is black and it has gold words written on it. i took the chance to approach him to read the title, i love literature so.

as i look down, the title was written in english so that means he is reading a book, written in english. “hollow city? by ransom riggs?” i asked out of nowhere earning his attention.

“oh you noticed, it's the second novel of ms. peregrine's home for peculiar children.” he said giving me the most beautiful eye smile in the world, jinyoung will you be mine?

“i am shocked, you read those books?” i asked as i took the empty spot beside him.

“i perhaps, wanted to learn deep english. have you read this one?” he asked as he closed the book, giving it to me.

“this book is so interesting but i haven't yet, i'm still not done with the first novel. are you a fan of his?” i asked but he shook his head. ouch, i thought we share the same interest.

“i am not a fan but i love his works, actually this book is given to me by my english tutor. i mean yeah, she let me borrow some of her books and she gives it to me if i really like it so much.” he smiled, he looks so happy. but i felt a little hurt when he told me it's a she.  he maybe likes her.

“she?” i asked as he nodded.

“yep, actually she's just a student around my age who go in the same school, my teacher recommend her to teach me.” he added. “she's pretty cute,” then there he chuckled. i just gave him a nod and flipped the pages of his book. i felt like i wasn't too interested at all. oh how i wish i didn't ask.

[ third person ]

jinyoung stared at the book that his tutor gave him, joohyun was enjoying the peculiar pictures binded on it and he can't help but to find her cute as well. a smile was formed on his face when suddenly, his phone rang and that's the time daehwi arrived in the dorm out of nowhere.

he saw what's happening, jinyoung took the phone and talked for a minute. joohyun's eyes landed on jinyoung as she put the book on the coffee table and listened to his conversation with the person on the other line.

“i though you're at home, your mom let me in.”

“i'm sorry, i'm in the hyung's dorm, i'll be there in 10 minutes.”

“did you have my book?”

“ah yes, i'll bring it there, hey, i'm almost done, i think my english is getting better,” he chuckled. for some reason, joohyun doubted that the person who called is jinyoung's tutor, his face brightened when he speaks with her. “i'm sorry i have to leave, jaehwan hyung will be here in a minute.” jinyoung apologized, taking the book and left. he walked passed daehwi who greeted him and made his way out of the dorm.

daehwi saw how disappointed joohyun was that she keeps on sighing, jaehwan wasn't done with his routine, daehwi walked towards the couch and placed his bag on it.

“what are you doing here?” he asked the sad girl.

“waiting for my brother.” she answered not looking at him.

“i saw you guys flirting, i told you that you have no chance.” daehwi murmured, joohyun glared at him and moved to the window seat. daehwi tched and walked towards the kitchen where jaehwan was eating pancakes. “hyung can i have some?”

“you're so mean to her you know,” jaehwan whispered at daehwi as he gave him a piece of pancake. daehwi looked at joohyun's back figure who's staring at the view outside the window, feeling the emotion of being disappointed and sad.

“i just told her the truth.” daehwi insisted.

“and what, making her disappointed in everyone just for you to get her attention? oh please daehwi, you like my sister don't you?” jaehwan smirked and daehwi didn't answer.