seventeen

[ third person ]

[ third person ]

“hey,” joohyun called. jihoon looked at her and smiled as jinyoung waved at her as well.

“what's up girl?” he smiled as she approached him with guanlin.

after daehwi confessed to her, he started to avoid her. jinyoung didn't tell him anything about what she have said after the confession and here she came up with a plan. she's planning to take revenge on daehwi, somehow. his plan worked, well maybe joohyun will too.

“this is quite sad, you're leaving tomorrow.” jinyoung pouted.

“yeah, i'm sorry about it. but hey, i can visit you guys here during christmas or summer.” joohyun smiled. she never felt this way before, she's happy yet she's feeling empty. she's gonna miss everyone.

“you better do that or else i'll get my plane ticket and visa ready to fly heading to california you freak.” guanlin retorted.

“sure, do that. i'll be glad.” joohyun smirked.

“gosh, do you really have to go?” jihoon asked as joohyun nodded.

“i had to,” she sighed. “but anyways, i'm gonna spend my remaining time with you guys, i'll be hanging out with my brother when i get home. he'll sure miss me.” she smiled bitterly. “i will miss you guys.”

and with that, the three guys gave her a suffocating hug. she let them be, it'll take a long time before she could have this suffocating manly hug again.

the day of her flight came, it was a saturday morning. her parents, her brother, jinyoung, kuie, somi, guanlin and jihoon were there. somi was worried, she tried calling daehwi but he wasn't picking up.

“aigoo, are you sure you're gonna do this? you still have time to change your mind.” jaehwan cried. unfortunately joohyun shook her head. “damn you, make sure that if you come back, you're already a doctor you kid.” he added wiping his tears.

he would miss his little sister so much, as well as his mother. their mother decided to come with her daughter so that she could watch over her leaving jaehwan and hef husband in seoul due to business matters and jaehwan as a college student.

joohyun gave jaehwan a hug, she will surely miss him and after that, she went to her friends. “joohyun, i'm sorry, he isn't answering my calls ang texts.” somi apologized.

“it's okay, did you give my letter to him already?” joohyun asked.

“yeah, if he already read it he could be here by now. tsk, pride really invades your heart right? tsk.” somi scoffed.

“it's alright if he won't come. i can bear with it.” she smiled bitterly. guanlin suddenly approach her crying.

“ya, i won't see you personally for like 10 years, what the heck is with you joo? you totally picked a course that is having a very long process -- ” joohyun hugged guanlin to make him shut up.

“i'll be here during christmas or summer you idiot. just wait for me. okay?” joohyun smiled and turned to jinyoung and kuie. “you guys, you're the sweetest couple i've ever seen, jinyoung is so whipped for you eonni and please jihoon stop picking fights with eonni, if this continues, i'm sure i will inject you a thousands of syringes with poision.” jihoon rubbed his nape while jinyoung pulled kuie closer to him. “take care of her, jinyoung.”

“i will.” he said.

“eonni, make sure jinyoung doesn't flirt with anyone.” everyone chuckled excluding jinyoung who's rubbing his nape.

“don't worry, i'll kill him if he does.” kuie smirked.

“and you jihoon, thanks for approaching me that day, i keep those words in mind.” she smiled making the boy shed a tear.

“don't get yourself in trouble okay?” jihoon reminded.

“ya, don't date anyone there. study smart okay?” jaehwan reminded as well.

“i'll miss you all.” she said giving them the last hug before she leaves.

she kept their reminders in mind. she'll never fail them this time. she'll be coming back with her dreams already been fulfilled and maybe pay them a visit on christmas.

a few minutes later, the announcer already set the cue for joohyun and her mother go leave. they all bid goodbyes and as soon as joohyun and her mother is out of sight, somi immediately left the waiting area and received a call from daehwi.

“yo~ she just left.” somi said.

“i read her letter,” daehwi said biting his lower lip. “i should have treat her better.”

“seriously, yes you should have, what happened?” somi asked furiously.

“i should have confessed to her, four years ago.”