twelve

[ third person ]

[ third person ]

“i told you to stay away from him, why didn't you listen?” daehwi scolded her as he dragged her away from the cafe, jinyoung was left smirking with his arms crossed on his chest and left the cafe a few minutes after daehwi and joohyun did.

joohyun shrugged him off and pushed him away. “can't you just leave me alone? it's my choice to stay with him or not, why are you interfering?” she asked him but daehwi didn't answer. after joohyun scolded him, she just left him dumbfounded.

and so the day came, jinyoung talked to joohyun about his plan and the girl is patiently listening to him even though it hurts as hell, she didn't expect that this simple crush thingy would really crush her heart.

“you seemed really whipped on her,” she smiled bitterly.

“she's really beautiful, inside and out.” jinyoung smiled as well, guanlin was just behind them listening like a spy. he wanted to push jinyoung off the bleachers but he can't, he knows that jinyoung is hiding something as well. guanlin is starting to suspect them. “is it really okay with you to help me, sweetheart?”

“hyung, i told you, you're calling the wrong girl, sweetheart.” guanlin said popping out of nowhere. both jinyoung and joohyun flinched, they weren't aware that he was there. guanlin sat down beside joohyun and wrapped his arm around her neck. “she is somebody else's sweetheart, you have your tutor to call your sweetheart, not joohyun.”

jinyoung scoffed. “i know, but my endearment to the love of my life is sweeter that sweetheart you nincompoop.” he added rolling his eyes.

“jeez for the record, just go and court your ice cream alone, why are you involving joohyun with this?” guanlin started to get annoyed, jinyoung suddenly glared at him and let out a mocking laugh with an annoying smirk.

“ya, lai guanlin, follow me.” jinyoung said.

“what if i don't?” guanlin smirked.

“you don't know anything, just follow me.” jinyoung argued. guanlin looked at joohyun who's currently confused. but she motioned her head for guanlin to leave with jinyoung.

when the both of them were gone, joohyun was left lonely and almost had her tears falling from her eyes. her vision started to get blurry as she tasted the saltiness of her tears, she wiped it using her fingers and stared on it as if she can't believe herself crying because of jinyoung. her tears continued to fall, and there someone approached her.

“ooh, look who's crying.” someone teased. joohyun looked down and saw someone she knew, she immediately wiped her tears and the person smirked down under. “it's okay to cry though, i saw jinyoung walking away with guanlin, what happened?”

“nothing, really.” she lied.

“c'mon, as if we're not friends at all.” the person chuckled as he made his way towards her and sat down on the empty spot beside her. “ya, you can tell oppa about that.”

“oh shut it jihoon, i don't like calling older guys oppa. like really,” joohyun sniffed.

“so you prefer hyung then? or just calling us our names? anyways, what happened?” jihoon asked.

“is crush made to crush your heart? if yes it's very stupid.” she chuckled bitterly. jihoon handed her a handkerchief as she gently took it just fine and wiped her tears using it.

“well maybe, a big percent of the population have their hearts being crushed because of that case, only a few succeed.” jihoon said rubbing his forehead. joohyun looked at her and sighed. “you're just 17 joohyun, there are a lot of guys for you to have your eyes on it. tell me, which one from jinyoung and guanlin did you have a crush on?”

joohyun suddenly chuckled and shook her head. “no one.”

“liar, who wouldn't fall for those two? you know, if i were you, i'd probably date the both of them.” jihoon joked just for joohyun to smile but she didn't, she sighed again and shook her head again. “ya, i have a feeling that this is jinyoung, right?”

joohyun looked at him as her eyes went to push her tears out again. “y-yeah, i may sound stupid but, i fell in love with someone who's heart is taken. i assumed that he asked me out because i thought he likes me but, he only asked for my help to court his girl. i shamelessly agreed to help him with it and now, here i am crying over someone who wouldn't even dare to feel the emotions i've felt towards him.”

“for someone like you, your perceptions about love is really deep. tell me, did you have a boyfriend in the past?” jihoon asked.

“heck no,” she said. “i wasn't allowed to date anyone until i'm 18.”

“i see,” jihoon sighed. “you know, jinyoung's not the only guy in this world, you might not know but maybe guanlin likes you or seonho, or daehwi.”

joohyun glanced at jihoon when he mentioned daehwi's name. she smirked. “he hates me,”

“who?” jihoon asked.

“lee daehwi.” she smiled. “you know, we were friends but we're not that close. when my brother is still in high school, he would come over to our house with his other friends, i never get to interact with them since i was too shy, but he approached me multiple times and did have a good relationship as friends. but one day, he just blew me off and felt uncomfortable with me. he said i was not worth it. then he started to hate me so suddenly, and now he is being competitive with me.”

jihoon didn't know how to react, he suddenly wants to talk to daehwi out of a sudden. after a while, jinyoung and guanlin came back. guanlin is currently having mixed emotions.

who knew what jinyoung told him.