thirteen

[ third person ]

[ third person ]

“say, you're really going to take the entrance exam? what if you passed?” jaehwan asked his sister as they made their way to their house. it was a fine saturday for them to walk under the heat of sun with umbrellas above their heads.

“then it's a good opportunity, i'll experience the life overseas.” joohyun smiled.

“ya, you still have another year of highschool.” jaehwan scolded.

“i can't wait, like really.” joohyun chuckled.

“what so you're leaving me? you're leaving mom and dad? you're leaving guanlin?” jaehwan asked in a very worried tone. he's already been far from his sister due to his college but he can't bear seeing her flew to another country. “wow, what are you taking then?”

“probably architecture or a medical course. but i prefer to be a doctor.” she said, jaehwan sighed as he wrapped his arm around her sister's neck and patted her shoulder.

“i'll support you with that and i'll try not to cry when you leave, if ever that will happen. i'm not gonna try missing you.” jaehwan chuckled bitterly. joohyun nudged his stomach and laughed.

“don't be so dramatic, you're making me guilty.” jaehwan ignored her atleast, he just dragged her with him towards home.

meanwhile, guanlin is looking at daehwi who's being interrogated at the moment due to his drama.

“so you weren't dating somi at all? and you jinyoung hyung, knew about this, true you are in love with your tutor and you're helping daehwi about his plan. you were playing all along.” guanlin said being mad at them for not telling anything. “and you, when are you going to apologize?”

“we'll find a way.” daehwi said.

“jeez, how come you guys didn't tell me? does this means my doubts were right? you like her that's why you're doing this? damn daehwi you're a genius.” guanlin said sarcastically while clapping his hands with a mocking laugh. “you're stupid.” he said with an annoyed face.

“of course, why would i tell you about this, you're friends with her, i still have to apologize to joohyun for  ruining our friendship.” daehwi complained. jinyoung suddenly rolled his eyes at daehwi and shook his head smacking him.

“ya, if you weren't my friend i wouldn't help you at all. you know how hard for me to flirt with joohyun? ice cream is slowly avoiding me. jeez.” jinyoung whined.

“hyung shut up, this isn't about your ice cream girl. can't you see that joohyun likes you? you're hurting her by giving her false hopes. you idiot.” guanlin argued as jinyoung sighed.

“i know and i regret it. i should apologize either.” jinyoung said rubbing his nape as he glared at daehwi again. “and you, when are you gonna stop?” he asked him.

“i don't mean to cut your plan but somi told me that joohyun told her about a college entrance exam and she's taking it overseas!” guanlin exclaimed.

“what?!” both jinyoung and daehwi reacted.

“yeah, she might transfer school next year so that she can prepare.” guanlin added checking out his good looking nails.

“you're really hopeless right now, do it before she leaves you idiot.” jinyoung scolded daehwi.

two weeks later, it was already the start of the second semester. joohyun piled the books she used in library and started to put them back on the shelves. she was surprised when guanlin appeared beside her, making her drop the books she was carrying.

he already had the guts to ask her what's happening.

“you feisty.” she hissed. “you scared me you brat, what do you want?” she asked him as he helped her with her books.

“no, you're feisty, why didn't you tell me you're leaving?” he asked her almost a whisper. joohyun sighed.

“sorry about that, it wasn't planned.” she said. “i just decided it out of nowhere.” she smiled bitterly, guanlin rolled his eyes and put the book on the shelf.

“so you're leaving us here? what about the summer outing we had plan with my hyungs, you're not coming?” guanlin whined.

“i'm leaving after the second semester's final exams.” she said.

“but that's one, two..” he paused counting his fingers. “four months from now.” he whined again.

“it's still a long time,” she smiled.

“you brat, i'm gonna miss you.” he pouted.

“i'm gonna miss you too, you're the best bud i ever had.” she smiled making guanlin emotional.