epilogue

one year later

one year later..

“ya! you didn't come home for christmas! did you replace me already? do you love california that much that you won't leave huh? you promised to go home and visit seoul! damn i hate you so much.” guanlin exclaimed as he is having an international call with joohyun who's currently out, strolling somewhere in los angeles. she chuckled upon admiring how cute he was, she bet he cried while celebrating the holidays because she didn't came home.

“i'm sorry,” she apologized. “summer will start in a few weeks, i guess i can go home?”

“ugh! don't say things that you can't make it. i'm sure you can't go home during summer you freak.” guanlin whined as he rolled on the floor making his hyungs looked at him like a kid who's lollipop is stolen. “ya, i sent you a big package, i hope you don't mind it and i hope you like it.” he smirked.

“really? what did you sent me?” the girl asked excitedly as she stopped in a crowded alley. “is it ransom riggs' books?”

“hmm better than that. anyways, call me when you received it.” and by then, guanlin dropped the phone call.

joohyun went on to her nice strolling until she got near the beach. she saw a lot of teenagers having their party time down the sand while she just watched them on the terrace.

joohyun rested her elbows on guardrails and sighed. she was curious what guanlin sent her, he said it wasn't a book. maybe it's a box filled with letters of rants because she didn't go home last christmas. she hadn't gone home because she got a fever after a long hellish school year before the break.

she smiled as she started to distanced herself from the rails and took the direction where she came from. as she walk with the sea underneath the wooden floor, she thought that it is fun living in santa monica, she met new friends but they're highly different from her friends in seoul. she misses them so much.

she shoved her hands on her hoodies' pockets when she saw someone running around as if he was looking for someone. she stopped walking and got confused as she cleared her vision, could it be?

“lee daehwi?” she asked as the guy's hair was dancing with the breeze of the wind.

she rubbed her eyes, he looks so worried and uncomfortable at the same time. it's seems he is really desperate for the thing that he was looking for. he was meters away from the girl, everything went slow motion when his eyes landed on hers.

her eyes widened as she froze down on her spot, the boy with orange hair ran towards her and hugged her tightly. joohyun was so shocked that she didn't know what just happened.

“d-daehwi?” she asked.

“i'm sorry.” he said not realizing he was already crying. joohyun can't hug him back since she's been frozen enough to believe that he is right in front of her.

“h-how did you -- why are you here?” she asked but daehwi didn't pull off from the hug.

“did guanlin call you?” he asked as he get off, joohyun gave him a confused look as he wiped his tears.

“yeah,” she said unsure.

“didn't he tell you that a package is coming?” he asked again excitedly making joohyun realized something.

“no way, you're -- heck no. damn it i thought it's a material thing, but it's you!” joohyun exclaimed. daehwi suddenly smiled and crossed his arms on his chest. “why did you come here? how did you know i am here?” she asked him lots of questions where daehwi find it a little annoying that he kissed her lips to make her shut up. joohyun was shocked that she pushed him out and slapped his cheek. “oh my god! i'm sorry!” she reacted when daehwi cupped his cheek and groaned in pain but he smiled.

“it's okay, i deserve that.” he said as he held her hand which touched his cheek. “it's a long story joohyun, but after i read the letter, i came to my senses that instead of avoiding you back then, i should have told you that i like you. i'm sorry i treated you like that.” then suddenly, joohyun cupped his cheeks and smiled at him.

“i forgave you a long time ago, daehwi. it's okay.” she reassured. daehwi closed his eyes and felt her gentle touch, he missed her so much.

“i missed you.” he confessed and she gave him a cheeky smile.

“so do i,” she said. “but how did you know i am here?” she asked him.

“easy, guanlin told me. he asked you where you at right? he called me after he called you so i happen to stroll here in santa monica, i ran here.” he explained.

“okay but, what are you doing in california?”

“i lived here once, i wasn't gonna come back here but when you said you're gonna study here, i persuade my mom to let me follow you a year later, i'll be taking the entrance exams with you here.” he added. “i did it, i did it to see you again. you know, after you're gone, i felt so lonely because i have no one to get in trouble with. i wasn't doing okay back there joohyun, and to make me feel better, i had to come here and see you. i love you.”

joohyun got pretty emotional, she was struck with his sweet words. she didn't expect daehwi would do such effort just for her.

“can,  can i hug you?” she cried. daehwi chuckled and wiped her tears with his thumbs.

“ya, don't you ask me that question. hug me anytime you want, i'll be delighted.” he said. joohyun didn't hesitate to hug him and so did he.

“i love you daehwi.” she said burying her face on her chest, daehwi caressed her hair and hugged her tightly.

“you know exactly my response in that joohyun, i love you too.” he replied and with that, he pulled out from the hug and wrapped his arm around her neck as they stroll again around the carnival. “when are you going to seoul?” he asked.

“probably after taking the exam,” she replied. “so you're staying here for good? when did you arrive?”

“i went to a hotel but i won't stay there much longer, i called your mom on the other night about my arrival and she asked me to stay in your house.” he smirked. joohyun awed.

“you little shit, you guys kept a secret from me and i hate you for that.” she complained but daehwi just pinched her nose with a cute laugh.

“don't worry, you will love me more when you know that the boys will come here soon to have a vacation.” he smirked again as joohyun looked at her.

“for real?” she asked. “they're coming here?”

“yep, jaehwan hyung and guanlin are excited to see you.” he said.

“awe, i love you so much.”

“i love you more. can i kiss you again?” daehwi asked.

“save it later, let's just enjoy the carnival okay?” she winked.

°˖✧◝( end )◜✧˖°

joohyun and daehwi's age in here is 19, and the location of this chapter is where wanna one went in l.a in santa monica, if i am not mistaken. sorry i don't know much places in the u.s since i don't live there. i hope you guys like this short story even though i find it lame. thank you for your votes and comments. 💕