sixteen

[ third person ]

[ third person ]

joohyun wiped her tears as she heard what daehwi just said, she got so confused. “ya, i didn't mean to be mean to you in the first place joohyun.”

she stopped crying and went to the door, holding its doorknob, fighting with herself if she would open it or not or just listen whatever he says.

“i know this is quite a nonsense to you but hear me out, before you leave this country, please..” daehwi said in between his sobs. “i know you won't care about this but, i will feel like i just flew out from a cage where i got imprisoned for four years,” he added. “you're thinking wrong about me this past four years..” he paused.

joohyun sat down on the floor as she leaned her back on the door with daehwi across her. it's like they're leaning their backs on each other but the door is serving as the barrier, she's pretty much thankful because it wouldn't be awkward, she doesn't want him to see her crying face.

“in fact, i don't hate you at all joohyun, i wasn't dating somi in the first place, i asked her to help me. i even involved jinyoung hyung to hurt you and it's a pretty bad idea because i did such mistake, it wasn't my intention to hurt you like this, i took the situation seriously.” daehwi said as he wiped his tears. “i blew you off four years ago and you thought i don't like you as a friend anymore. the truth is that, i like you. i like you so much.”

her heart started to beat faster, that was unexpected. “we were friends, i am afraid that if i stick around you like what i tried to do in past, my feelings would go deeper and if you knew that i had this stuff in my heart you would avoid me and think that i am just a nerd who likes a pretty smart girl like yourself.” joohyun moved onto her left side to lean her ear through the door to listen for more, why didn't daehwi tell her sooner?

“i acted like shit, i treated you like a shit, i pretended to hate you but all you saw was just a play. i know jinyoung is pretty busy with his kuie, he's totally whipped. i almost broke their developing relationship because of my greed. i was desperate for your attention and i know i was wrong. those four long years of my cowardness, i should have done it sooner. i wouldn't have disturbed jinyoung hyung or even somi right now.” daehwi added. “this is stupid, this won't work, that's what i was thinking during the whole time and i guess i was right. you wouldn't feel the same way i do.”

“daehwi..” she called in a voice almost a whisper. daehwi continued crying, he didn't mind it, this will give him relief if he would say it all out loud to her. even though he is just confessing next door.

“i didn't expect you leaving the country, but atleast before you leave, i just wanna say sorry and confess my love for you. i'm sorry because i made your last four months here like hell, but honestly, i enjoyed our fights, it's like i've learned a lot of things from you. for the last four years, i've been admiring you so much.” daehwi suddenly sighed. “aigoo,” he suddenly chuckled. “what am i doing? this won't work. anyways, i've already said it, i really like you joohyun, and.. i'm sorry.”

as soon as daehwi said he was sorry, joohyun heard some footsteps fading away. he already left the place and joohyun opened the door. she saw daehwi walking away still wiping his tears, she wanted to go and forgive him but pride is dragging her down here.

she walked out of the empty office and closed the door. she sighed and sniffed as somi found her with her eyes being reddish from crying.

“did he tell you already?” she asked joohyun as she nodded. “how did it go?” joohyun glanced at somi and smiled, she started to walk away leaving somi confused.

joohyun suddenly held up her phone and dialed someone's number. the person picked up, “hello?”

“before i leave this week, i wanna tell you something.” she said as she walked down the hall.

“what is it?” the person asked.

“i just wanna say that, take care of yourself especially kuie eonni, i wasn't expecting daehwi would ask for your help with somi but, anyways, bae jinyoung, i really like you, despite of all the madness and the pain i felt, i avoided them, i like you so much but i think it's time for me to stop liking you, i know you know about my feelings,” she smiled as jinyoung chuckled.

“why are you telling me this? aigoo, i feel shy.” he said.

“i just realized that, daehwi is more important.”