Chapter 15

Cat's POV:

Carter gets us all pumped up to start, giving us a little pep talk, and then the buzzer goes off for us to start. We all split in opposite directions and I go upstairs first. Nobody came around where I was so I got bored and left. I suddenly get shot in the back and I look to see Nash running away but before he gets behind a wall I shoot him in the back. I laugh and duck behind another wall before anyone could see me. Then I hear someone behind me so I turn around quickly to see Jack G. standing in front of me with his gun in his hand but he doesn't press the button.

"Well? Aren't you going to shoot me?" I ask.

He puts his gun down and says, "No, but I will do this."

Before I could say anything he pulls me in and kisses me straight on the mouth. I'm so shocked I don't even know what to do. I try not to kiss him back but he's making that very hard. His lips are so... compelling.  

After a second I start panicking and I push him away from me. I quickly look around and to my left Cameron is standing there with his fists balled up. He looks like he's going to cry or is just super pissed, I can't tell. He steps toward Jack like he's about to punch him in the face but stops himself and puts his fist down.

Instead he turns to me and says, "I thought we meant more to you than this." looking me straight in the eyes.

I can see how much this hurt him and I try to get words out to explain but nothing sounded right right now. "How? I mean why did you..? What did I...?" He couldn't get the right words out either and his eyes start tearing so I step toward him but he takes a step away from me.

That step he took away from me broke me and I start to tear up, tryin to hold back the major tears that want to spill out right now. 

"Cam I can.." He cuts me off and turns his head. When he looks back at me all I can see is hurt in his eyes.

"I loved you Cat."

I can't hold it back now and I start balling. He said 'loved'... Not 'love'.

He turns and starts walking away. I can't lose him, I love him. I run after him desperately and leave Jack behind me. When I get in front of him I put my hands on either side of his face and try to look him in the eyes.

"Cam, please look at me. Baby look at me, I'm begging you." The tears don't stop, they're actually coming harder now and all that's running through my mind is I can't lose him. Please Cam, I think. My heart is already breaking.

"I can't." He says.