Ch 10 - Over Done

Let's see. As I put this together I blew out my elbow and my shoulder. We have all overdone it before. I do it too much. In all honesty I try not to tell people I'm hurt. Especially to my niece and a few others. What's Joey going to do?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Tatenashi woke up to her alarm going off. She hit snooze and yawned. Raising her arms and stretching. "Morning Joey?" Rubbing her eyes she heard no response. "Joey?" She called again. "Don't make me tackle and dive on your bed." A good solid. That it is. Physically stronger then you. Waiting a moment for you to answer she jumped onto your bed. "Incoming!" She shouted landing softly. Too soft as a matter of fact. "Huh? Joey where'd you go?" Your bed was empty and she began to feel sad. Upset that you didn't leave a note or anything. "Hmph. Tonight the only thing you're cuddling tonight is a body pillow." Disappointed and lonely she got slowly dressed herself and began to think where you went. The bathroom door was open, water off, pajamas in the basket. Would be pick up the phone? She reached for hers and dialed you.

< Hey there. It's Joey. I apologize I'm not here at the moment. If it's important leave a message after the beep or leave a text and I'll get to you. Have a good one. >

"Really!?" She pouted. "Jerk."

[ Joey where'd you go? I woke up and all the sudden you were gone. Couldn't you have left me a text? I miss you. Text me back. ]

The door opened slowly. Just fast enough where it wouldn't creek. But you saw her with a new shirt on and quickly closed the door. She crossed her arms and you could tell just based on her red eyes that she meant business. "Morning?"

"Welcome home Dear." She replied sarcastically.

"I can explain..."

"Please. I'm dying to hear this excuse."

"I went to the fitness room and my phone died. I'll state my case before I shower off. I thought you would be asleep."

She shook her head. "Within the last five minutes."

"That explains no pants. Gotcha."

"These legs kicked your ass on the mat. Remember that."

"Aware. Why do you think I was at the gym? I'll be quick in the shower. Sorry again."

What's he really up to?

~~~~~

Training was over and it was time for a bite to eat and hitting the books. Though someone had other matters. Tatenashi was a busy girl. Being President and all. You were back into your school uniform as she walked in.

"Hey Joey? Could you wait up for me a bit in our dorm?"

"You have stuff going on?"

"Yeah. Being President isn't easy." She frowned.

"Then how come you are so good at it? And have time for everything?"

"Thanks Honey. See you at dinner?"

"I should."

Tatenashi was filling out a pile of paperwork after classes. She was carefully reading and filling information out properly and organizing in alphabetical order as well as date. She was knee deep when she started. On your end you had no time to rest. It was due to find another source of training. This time with someone far superior in the category you are weak in. Hand to hand. You weren't skilled with the sword just yet. Great and wonderful crafts take time. Though one person could help you. She was the best.

You run and stop her in the hallway. "Houki I need your help."

"Uhhh what's this about? Girlfriend troubles? Training? Why can't you go to Tatenashi?" She asked.

"Because you are a kendo Master, she's got paperwork, and I don't want her kicking my ass. Rather have to someone who's not my girlfriend. Fight me after a few minutes. I don't care. I need to be broken in." You were pleading your case. Most likely preaching to the choir. Couldn't hurt to ask. And with your mind of getting better, kicking ass, and not having another foe get in your way, this was an asset needed. It would be best to strike your opponent from the front and have the scatter wing blades increase damage to your enemy. Just shooting and your tricks weren't enough. You knew that. "Please?"

"Fine. My rules. Remember that. I'm skilled and dedicated. Watch yourself." Warning you that this might be one hell of a night.

"I expect to be sore the next few days. So be it. I got to learn."

It was a quick turn of events as you got dressed in your robes. Houki sat there in a meditative state of mind. Waiting for you to approach to face her. It was soft contact. Your hands sweating as the kendo sword is held. A defensive stance.

Should I be on defense or offense? Aggressive or tactical? Where is a weak point?

"Begin!" She shouted. She sliced straight down. Countering left and swinging. Your right side open. Mistake number one. Rib cage weakness. Only going to slow you down as time goes. We swings fast. Her speed and power almost not able to see it. Right to the ribs below the armpit. "Worst spot to leave open. You need work."

You fell to your knees. One point to Houki and I can't feel my side. What am I doing? You bring yourself slowly to your feet and step back. No one and done. That will never do. "Good shot. This sucks."

She was serious. "That's your own fault. You see I'm not your girlfriend. Or your roommate. I am your friend however. Though it's needless to say on my territory and at this fighting craft all is meaningless in my fight." Step number one is emotions in order. He's a mess. I won't let my guard down because he might have more strength. But he does need tweaks. You can make habits if he doesn't have any to begin with. His experience lacks. Should I lay off or give him two more chances before I turn into an instructor? Hmmm. Am I in the mood? Haven't taught anyone since Ichika.

~~~~~

Sore, tired, and beating Houki fair and sqaure is too long of a shot. We are talking outer space. Houki is the best. You are learning how to handle swords. How is this going to end up? Damaging? Breaking? Hurt? And if you are hurt what's Nashi going to say? She already got upset with you this morning. Couples things.

As always I hope all enjoyed, vote for more, comment freely, and as always have an awesome day cause you guys are the best and make this happen. Any questions or concerns are welcome. Love you all.

-Relentlezz