Chapter 24

"Dumbledore will be back before long" said Ernie confidently as you made your way back from Herbology after they listened to your story. "They couldn't keep him away in our second year and they won't be able to this time. The fat Frair told me..." he dropped his voice so that only you, Hermione, Harry and Ron were the only ones that could hear him "....that Umbridge tried to get back into his office last night after they'd searched the castle and grounds for him. Couldn't get past the gargoyle. The Head's office has sealed itself against her" he smirked.
"We're going to live through hell" you said
"Don't be so gloomy" said Ron "Tony, Clint and Natasha are here! They'll make sure nothing happens to you!"
"Yeah but they can't do anything" you said
"Oh I expect she really fancied herself sitting up there in the Head's office" said Hermione viciously as you entered the entrance hall "Lording it over all the other teachers, the stupid puffed-up, power-crazy old--"
"Now, do you really want to finish that sentence, Granger?" You heard Draco's Voice but before you could answer you heard another from behind you.
"Yes, she does" said Natasha as she stood behind you with Clint beside her, giving Draco the scariest death glare you've ever seen.
"You know, for a student you're really annoying" said Clint "when I was your age, I didn't have the time to be an asshole like you"
"You cannot say th-"
"And who are you to tell us what to do?" Asked Natasha as she walked closer to him while keeping the glare which caused him to step away from her.
"I-..I'm a member of the Inquisitorial S-squad" he stuttered
"And I'm an Auror" she said and pointed her wand at him "now, who's more powerful?"
"Prof-fessor Umbridge" he said
"Wrong answer" she said "if I ever caught you being a douche to any student again, say goodbye to your hair" with that he strode away with Crabbe and Goyle behind him.
"Thanks guys" you said
"No problem" said Clint "it was fun to mess with him"
"But you should be more careful" said Natasha "Umbridge is after you (Y/N) she just wants that perfect moment where she'll catch you doing anything wrong just so she could get revenge"
"Revenge?! But I didn't do anything!" You said
"You didn't?" Asked Natasha sarcastically
"What we're saying is.." said Clint "we won't be here all the time. We're here for the O.W.Ls and then we'll go back to the Ministry"
"We need to go now" said Natasha "see you" you waved at them and looked at your friends, who were starting at you.
"You guys alright?" You asked
"They're like here just to save you from any trouble" said Ron "can I have them?"
"I heard that they can take and give points" you said "the Inquisitorial squad"
"That's ridiculous! It would completely undermine the prefect system..."
"Guys" you said "have you seen the hourglasses lately?"
With that they automatically turned towards the giant hourglasses set in niches along the wall behind you.
Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were neck to neck in the lead in the morning and now they had the least points,while the Slytherin seemed unchanged.
"Noticed, have you?" Asked Fred as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder
"Montague tried to take some points from us during break"
"What do you mean tried?" Asked Ron quickly
"He never managed to get all the words out" said Fred "due to the fact we forced him headfirst into the Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor"
"Fred!" You gasped "you'll get in so much trouble!"
"Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him" he said coolly.
You held his hand and walked somewhere else where no one could hear you.
"Fred what's going on?" You asked "it's the time?"
"You mean George's and my big escape?" He asked "then yes it is time" you nodded your head and looked at the floor. Even though you knew this will happen and he even told you that he will not stay here, it still hurts.
"Hey... hey..." he said and placed his hands on your cheeks "you alright?"
"Yeah.." you said but shook your head "..no...I'm not"
"It's okay" he said and hugged you "I won't be that far you know. I'll send you letters every week and we can meet up during summer and every holiday"
"I know.." you said and hugged him harder "but.....I'll miss you"
"I'll miss you too" he said "so so much"
"What. Is. This?"
You pulled away from Fred and looked at Umbridge as she made her way to you.
"You broke a rule" she said "detention"
"No" you said and Fred looked at you with wide eyes
"(Y/N) don't-" started Hermione but George pulled her
"I beg your pardon?" She said
"I said No" you said "I didn't do anything wrong. I was just hugging my boyfriend because that's what you do to the people that you love"
"You. Are. Crossing the line" she said
"What line exactly?" You looked behind Umbridge and saw Tony walking towards her with his extra long robe to give a more dramatic effect.
"Miss Stark was way close to a boy and that is against the ru-"
"Which rules? Oh you mean those papers that you put on the wall that no one really care about?" He said
"Professor Stark-"
"No just listen. (Y/N) didn't do anything, she was just giving Mr Weasley some love and as I remember you don't have any rule against that but I think you want to give her detention because you're just jealous that you've never felt love before"
You were so shocked by what Tony said, you could even swear that you heard Ernie say burn under his breath.
"Now go to your classes" he said and you all ran to the staircase.

"What do you think she's doing to him?" Asked Thor as you waited for Harry while he was in Umbridge's office
"You know exactly what will happen" said Bruce and then you heard it
BOOOOOOOM!!!
the floor beneath you shook and students started to run and scream
"Back to lunch with you, Potter" you heard Umbridge cry as she dashed out of the office. You waited for Harry and the four of you hurried after her to see the source of the uproar.
It wasn't hard to find. One floor down it seemed that someone had set off what to be enormous crate of enchanted fireworks.
You looked around at the beautiful fireworks and at the different shapes and colours.
Umbridge and Filch started to stun the fireworks in hope to stop them. Little did they know.
Harry was laughing during the whole scene and walked away behind a tapestry and Bruce followed him.
The fireworks continued to burn and to spread all over the school that afternoon. Even though they caused a lot of disruption, the teachers didn't really mind them.
And the fun part was watching Umbridge as she spent her first afternoon as a Headmistress running around the school answering the summones of the other teachers.
When the final bell ran and all the students went back to their rooms, all the Gryffindors went back to the Gryffindor tower. Fred and George were heroes that night on the Gryffindor common room.
"Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-Bangs." Yelled George "If you want to add your name to the waiting list, it's five Galleons.."
You walked to Harry and Ron as they sat on a table and stared at their bags.
"Today was a long day" you said "we should rest"
"I agree" said Ron.
"You literally didn't do anything" said Harry
"Well I woke up and went to classes, that's something" said Ron as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.