Chapter 44

You've never felt more useless in your life. For the first month you fought and screamed, cried and cursed but none of that worked and they didn't let you out of the cave alone. During that first month, you noticed Tony's Anxiety attacks and how it affected everyone so you decided to stop the rebellion. From time to time, one of them would leave for a few days and return with supplies and food but the most important things that they gave you were letters.
Letters? Pfff how silly you might think but being trapped in a cave for almost seven months made you appreciate the little things that reminded you of your friends. You usually get four to five letters, one from Fred, Harry, Hermione, Ginny or Ron (if he's feeling generous) and the last one is usually from Sirius, Lupin or Mrs. Weasley. At first, they were worried and asked if you're doing fine and after you explained the situation to them they started to talk about different things (They knew you hate being trapped in one place so they didn't talk about the cave again) and it felt nice to know that they actually cared about you and didn't just forget you.
The cave wasn't that bad to be completely honest, yeah the walls were made of rocks and the floor was uneven but it was enough to stay alive and at least there were couches and beds! But it was kinda small and you prefer more spacious rooms but complaining wouldn't work.
At first, it was just you, Tony, Steve, Clint, and Natasha. Thor and Bruce weren't at the cave and when you asked Clint about it his response was "they have some business to take care of" and never explained what the 'business' was! Two months later they showed up badly bruised and collapsed on the floor the moment they walked in. Apparently, Dumbledore sent them to find the locket because he knew he wouldn't be able to do that! And of course, you threw a tantrum about how they're keeping secrets from you and that they don't trust you with anything and stayed in your room for a while and then pretended nothing happened. The locket was locked inside a glass box which was in the living room so there's always someone with it but didn't have to wear it.
You might wonder Why won't you escape?. Good question, you've never been to the Alps and you weren't ready to get lost in the middle of nowhere just to be found by one of the Avengers and they won't let you out ever again. The last letter you got from Fred he told you that they postponed the wedding and Harry will live with Sirius in 12 Grimmauld place starting from today. You were very anxious you couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours, Steve left to help them with the plan and to go over the changes one more time. You stopped begging them to take you with them to see your friends and accepted that the best they could do for you is to take your letters and deliver them to your friends.
No one knows where Dumbledore is till now, powerful witches and wizards went to look for him but to no avail; he disappeared. Dumbledore said someone's waiting for you here and oh boy they're 7 months late! Thor and Bruce fully recovered from their wounds and they stayed with you to keep you company and because they already had their dangerous adventure and want to rest for a while or in Thor's words 'recharge before the battle'. Natasha tried to make you feel better by talking with you and taking you out for walks but you wanted more than walks, you're a fighter! You can't stay in the same place for months with nothing to do! But didn't you want a day off at the beginning of the book? you guys might ask, well there's no answer really you always want something that you can't get...........until you get it.
Tony was in his room, doors locked and footsteps could be heard from the halls, you knew he was anxious too; however, he never showed it. The others were sitting in the "living room" which honestly was so dim and boring that you felt bad to say "living" room, but it was better than nothing and Clint decorated it so you chose your words wisely when talking about the decor. Thor was in a heated argument with Bruce while Natasha was reading a book, but Clint was nowhere to be seen.
"Where's Clint?" You asked and sat next to Natasha.
"He's walking around," she said, flipping a page "He wants to know where the other tunnels lead to"
"Didn't he end up in a resort last month?" You asked "Which is weird because we are nowhere near a resort"
"He wants to find another way out that's better than the entrance," she said and closed the book. It was weird seeing Natasha with longer hair, it wasn't thaaaat long but it reached her shoulders and you were used to her short hair.
"New look?" You asked and she chuckled.
"I'm too tired to care," she said and tied it in a ponytail "Steve's taking too long"
"You're wrong! You've always been wrong and that'll never change!" Yelled Thor as he walked away from Bruce and up the stairs.
"Whatever man," said Bruce and went down the hall. You looked at Natasha and she just shrugged.
"Does anyone know why Bruce is talking about how Thursday is not Thor's day and that he's not helping Thor with their quicksand trap?" Asked Clint as he walked in with a lantern.
"What did you find?" Asked Nat
"I found the best secret tunnel any movie could ever wish to make," he said with a proud smile on his face "And it leads to a small waterfall so we need to make a ladder or something"
"That's so cool," you said "Finally something exciting"
"I know Steve and Tony would never allow it but" he looked behind him and smirked "wanna see it"
"Are you for real?" You asked. For seven months you weren't allowed to go around the cave only leave sometimes with at least two other Avengers just to see the sunlight but now Clint will take you to see a new tunnel that he discovered? Now that's something worth waiting for.
"I agree with Clint," said Natasha "We should go before Steve comes back"
You jump from the couch and followed Clint down the hall and stood above a staircase that you never went down, why? Because you weren't in the mood to find a possessed doll waiting for a new soul to ruin so, you kept your distance. It was dark and weirdly humid and as you went further down it became pitch black that you couldn't see your hand.
"Clint," said Natasha.
"sup," said Clint
"aren't you forgetting something?"
"............don't tell me that I have to make dinner today I swear to g-"
"Turn the damn lantern on!" She snapped and he hurried to light it up. Even with the lantern, you couldn't see much but what you did see was a huge room with many openings.
"They all lead to different places?" You asked.
"Yes but most of them lead to an edge or are blocked by stones," said Clint.
"Or into a resort," said Natasha.
"We will not talk about this," said Clint and walked to the last one "What no one knew is there's another entrance within this one and it leads to an actual exit that we could use"
"Here," said Natasha and gave you a lantern "We might need this"
"Are you ready?" Asked Clint and you nodded your head "Alright, just don't step on the water it's deeper than you think"
Did he say water?