comfort

brandons pov

i was editing a video when i got a message from kwite on discord.

'hey, can you call?'

i responded back with 'can it wait ? im editing a vid'

kwite responded back quickly 'no.'

'really ?'

'really'

i entered a voice chat with him and as soon as i saw his icon pop up i said in a somewhat annoyed voice, "what?"

but then i heard sniffles.

"kwite?" my voice changed dramatically from what it was before, to much softer, "kwite, are you crying?"

"what do you think?" his voice was shaky, as though he was trying to sound like he wasn't crying.

"what's wrong?" i asked carefully.

"i don't know."

"well it's gotta be something." i smiled a little bit.

"i don't know, i feel alone i guess." damn, now i'm tearing up.

"you have me!" i said enthusiastically.

"yeah but..." he mumbled the last part and i couldn't understand what he said.

"can you say that again? you started mumbling."

"i said, yeah i have you, but only as a friend." i was shocked by his sentence. did kwite see me as more than a friend?

"w-whadd'ya mean?" my voice had gotten quieter.

"i mean, i like you as more than a friend but you only see me as a friend." 

"you- i didn't know you thought of me like that." i said, still in shock.

"obviously not." he said with a sad laugh.

"aw, kwite." i felt bad for not realizing sooner.

"no! i do not need your sympathy!" kwites voice cracked as he tried to be funny but was clearly still upset.

"i can't believe i didn't realize sooner." i heard him sniffle.

"i-it's fine."

"no it's not!" i didn't mean to raise my voice, it just happened. kwite sighed.

"it doesn't matter that much, it was stupid anyways. 'night brandon." i heard him sniffle one last time before leaving the call. i left the call too and started messaging him.

'kwite.' i waited for half a minute before typing again, 'please answer me.'

as i waited for him to respond, i started thinking about kwite, and how i, somehow, i didn't pick up on him liking me. i thought about how whenever we talked he always said stuff that he knew would make me laugh, or how i constantly call him a twink. or how his laugh is so infectious, or how we always play fight whenever we're together in person.

i snapped out of it when i heard the notification i'd gotten from discord, indicating that kwite had replied.

'what do you want' i felt so genuinely awful that i was the reason he had been crying.

'can u call?'

'why'

'well you might want to hear what i have to say.'

'do i really tho ?'

'yes'

'fine'

i went into the voice chat and waited for kwites icon to pop up. as soon as he connected, he said "what is it you'd like to say?" it was a question, but it almost sounded more like a statement with how monotone he said it.

"well i was thinking about it after you disconnected, and i thought about everything about you that i find adorable. and i thought about how we constantly annoy each other, and how much fun i have whenever i'm talking to you." i was rambling. "anyways- what i'm trying to say is: i think i like you too."

it was silent for a few seconds, but then kwite said, "r-really?"

"really." i heard him laugh a little bit.

"i- you're not joking?" he sounded like he was in disbelief.

"i am being one-hundred percent serious."

"oh my god." kwite half-sighed. his voice was shaky near the end, like he was gonna start crying again.

"don't cry." but it was too late- he was crying again.

"i'm crying out of happiness this time." he paused. "like i don't think you understand how genuinely happy hearing you say that sentence makes me."

"stop, you're gonna make me cry." i said as i started to tear up.

"i wish i could hug you right now."

~~

we talked for the majority of the night before we finally got too tired to stay awake and went to sleep. the next day we filmed a video together, and it was great. kwite's great.

i'm happy.

----

haha i dont know how to write endings im sorry

-adis