puppy

requested by pudgyunicorn

also i got like five requests at the same time i wasnt r e a d y lmao

--

brandons pov

kwite had been living with me for a few months, he'd finally saved up to move to california with me. and i had been saving up to get us an apartment.

i'd announced my idea to kwite and he was happy with it, saying he was glad we were getting our own space.

this week had been spent moving all our things from my house to our apartment, it was exhausting to say the least, but it'd be worth it.

it was maybe 6:00pm when kwite sat down on couch next to me, putting his head on my shoulder.

"i'm tired." he complained, i chuckled a little and turned to face him. he looked up at me and i planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"yeah, i'm tired too." he smiled at me before pulling out his phone. we sat in silence, kwite going through twitter, and me just enjoying him being there.

"brandon." i was pulled out of my daydream by kwite's voice, i looked at him.

"yeah?" he smiled a little, as if he was trying to conceal a laugh.

"can we get a dog?" he asked. i was a bit taken aback by the sudden question, i sat in shock for a few seconds.

"uh, i don't know, we just moved in and i think getting a dog right now would be a little much."

"well, i don't mean right now," he looked me in the eyes, "just like, eventually." i smiled at him.

"eventually, yes."

~~a few months later~~

kwite and i walked into the pet store, kwite pratically bouncing with excitement, which i found adorable. we entered and kwite immediately dragged my towards the section with dogs.

he had a look of pure happiness as he looked at them, "can we get a puppy?" he said, with the excitement of a little kid.

"sure." i said, somewhat distracted by how happy kwite was. he seemed to light up at my response, i'd rarely ever seen him this happy.

an employee walked over to us and asked if we needed any help, to which we responded with no. kwite kept looking at the puppies while i did stuff on my phone.

after looking at them for at least thirty minutes, kwite settled on a tiny dog that looked about three weeks old. it was white and had brown patches on it, it was cute.

"look at him, i want him. i want him to be my child." he said as he pointed to the dog, i laughed at kwite's protectiveness.

i went to go get someone who worked there so we could adopt him, while kwite continued to play with him through the cage.

the employee grabbed him and took him out of the cage, putting a leash on him so that he wouldn't run away. she handed the leash to kwite and he held onto it as he smiled.

"what's his name?" kwite asked.

"milo."

"hi, milo." kwite said as he pet the top of his head.

"what type of dog is he?" i asked as i turned to the lady.

"he's a jack russell." i looked over at the small dog, who seemed to be enjoying playing with kwite. god, this dog is going to occupy all of his attention.

kwite and i filled out the adoption papers and the lady got a leash and some basic necessities for milo. we thanked the woman who helped us and carried him out to the car to take him home.

when we got back, it seemed like kwite didn't do anything but play with the dog. he barely even answered when i asked him what he wanted for dinner, and i'll admit, i was slightly jealous, but i'd get over it. i couldn't blame him though, milo was adorable.

"can his nickname be mile? just mile. singular." he said, not looking up from playing with the dog. i laughed a little at his request.

"whatever you want, i don't really care." i said plainly as i shrugged. kwite looked over at me for the first time since we'd gotten home. he was smiling, but it seemed to drop a little when he looked at me.

"brandon." he said with a small laugh.

"yeah."

"are you jealous," his smile widened, as he pointed to milo, "of a dog?"

i felt my face heat up as i looked away from kwite, "no."

he laughed and walked oved to me and sat down next to me, putting his hand on my cheek. i looked at him and he smiled, "it's a dog."

"i know."

"plus, i love you more than anything." he said as he leaned up and kissed me for a few seconds before pulling away and looking me in the eyes.

"i love you too."

--

why did so many of you request things jesus c h r i s t-

also kwite is 100% "secretly" in la as you read this

ill give you more info if you want an entire section dedicated to that ?? lmao

-adis