mistake?

guYS—

--

kwites pov

i had been staying with brandon over the summer, and it was great. i'd gotten a lot closer with him over the three weeks that i'd spent with him so far.

i loved being around him, just us. i mean, i could talk to him privately over discord, and we still talked to our other friends while i was there but i liked being able to be alone with him in person.

i loved being able to hug him and hear his voice for real and not just through my speakers.

but my feelings were slowly catching up to me.

i'd liked brandon for maybe a month and staying with him throughout the whole summer wasn't making that feeling die down at all.

everyday that i was with him, the urge to kiss him just became more and more present. as much as i tried to ignore it, it wasn't going away anytime soon.

i pushed down the feeling as much as i could, as to not lose my friendship with him. losing our friendship is the last thing i'd want to happen- it would completely destroy me.

so, as much as i wanted to embrace that feeling, it put me at too high of a risk of doing something stupid and fucking everything up. so i pretended that feeling didn't exist.

"kwite?" brandon said, snapping me out of my daydream. i looked over at him and he had a curious smile on his face, "what're you thinking about?"

"nothing." i said, a little too quickly. he chuckled and rolled his eyes. my face started to get hot and i looked away from him.

"clearly it was something." he said, most-likely referring to my blushing face.

"nothing that has anything to do with you." i lied, still not looking him in the eyes.

"tell me." he pressed.

"no."

"please?"

"no." i repeated.

"why?"

"i said no!" i said, a little more annoyed than i'd been before.

"alright, fine." he surrendered. i glanced over at him before turning fully towards him.

he looked at me with question in his eyes, "what is it now?"

i didn't have anything to say that wasn't 'i love you' so i just kept my mouth shut. i looked back down and i think brandon could tell something was bothering me because he put his hand on my shoulder before asking, "are you alright?"

"yeah." i said, not looking him in the eyes.

"you seem distracted." he said, pointing out the obvious.

"yeah." i said again, but slightly quieter this time.

"you can tell me anything." i know he was trying to be reassuring but it was probably the least reassuring thing he could of said considering i couldn't tell him why i was bothered.

"anything but this." i said, mistakingly out loud. as soon as the words came out of my mouth my heart seemed to drop, he was going to find out.

"why can't you tell me?" his voice was calm.

"because." i knew he wasn't going to accept that as an answer but i didn't have a valid reason.

"because, why?" i looked him in the eyes as mine started to swell with tears, knowing i couldn't tell him what was on my mind without losing him as a friend. he started to get worried and i felt guilt rise in me.

"because, you- you'd hate me." i stuttered, trying not to cry.

"i won't hate you." he said with a small smile on his face.

"yes, you will." tears started rolling down my face and brandon pulled me into a hug. i didn't know what to do, i knew that we couldn't just move past this since i'd made such a big deal about it, but i couldn't tell him that i liked him.

"nothing could ever make me hate you." he tried to reassure me. i pulled away from the hug to look him in the eyes. i was trying to emotionally prepare myself for what i was going to do next.

"nothing?" i asked, trying to get one last reassurance before continuing.

"nothing." brandon smiled. jesus christ this was going to be difficult.

"okay." i said softly. it was quiet for a few seconds as i tried to figure out how to say it.

i stuttered for a moment before giving up on trying to tell him. i made eye contact with him as i slowly leaned my face closer to his.

i quickly connected my lips with his and i almost wished i hadn't. brandon tensed, he was uncomfortable.

i'd made a mistake.

i instantly pulled away and looked him in the eyes for a moment, he looked shocked. i started to tear up again as i pulled away from his grasp completely.

"i- sorry." i said before dashing out of brandon's room and down the hall to lock myself in the bathroom.

what the hell was i thinking?

--

part two coming later

also that picture at the top

just

hhhhh

honestly idc if its a joke im still shook what the hell

i literally opened twitter and that was at the top of my feed and i screamed lmao

my friend always tells me that everyone ships them secretly and thats like lowkey probably true

if they actually announced they were dating id have a breakdown

but im rambling

byee

-adis