18

Ryan P.O.V

I hated doing this, being weak and asking for help from none other than Zeus himself. Did I like him that much? No, not after he did to my aunt. But I need to think about what might be happening with Seph, I don't trust Zeus but I trust Hades less. I've heard terrible stories and everyone knows what happened to Persephone's grandmother. It scares me what he could do to her.

 So here I am, in one of the parlors of Olympus. Sitting and waiting to see Zeus and making awkward conversation with one of my other aunts, Demeter.

 "Ah, it's been so long since I got to see you! When was your last visit? I think it was a year after Pompei that I got to see you last." Demeter went on and on. I didn't hate her, but I wasn't thrilled with her. I liked my aunt Hera better. But, since she was the current queen of Olympus and my aunt, I forced my self to be polite. She could potentially influence Zeus's decision to help me get Seph back.

 "I've been busy traveling and learning more about the world, it's a lot bigger than Olympus," I said.

 "Well, you were always one who didn't like small spaces." She wasn't very supportive of me leaving Olympus when I got the chance.

 "Yes, Demeter? Ryan! It's been so long since I saw you come give your uncle a hug." Ugh, I did what he asked. Think about helping Seph. I smiled and replied,

  "It's been a while, I was out traveling and learning about the different people in the world." Zeus wasn't one to go through copious amounts of formalities so I wasn't surprised when he got straight to business and asked me,

 "So what are you doing here? You're thinking of coming back, are you? Well, I could never see you doing that, you hated Olympus and jumped at every opportunity to go to your father's beach houses and underwater castles when he let you."

 "I haven't come back to settle down, I came back because of Se-Persephone, my cousin, she got taken, or well went with, hades to the underworld. I'm scared of what he might be doing to her and... I want to go get her." There was a period of silence after I finished, I could see the wheels in Zeus's head turning and I saw a look f disgust on Demeter's face. Hades was part of the reason that her daughter died, I could only imagine what was going through her head.

 "I'm not sure Ryan, you did say she went with him. It was her choice." Zeus said. then Demeter pitched in,

 "But darling, you saw what happened with our daughter, may she rest in peace, we can't trust him. he could make the same mistakes all over again, this is my great-grandbaby we're talking about, she's only 1/4 goddess she can't protect herself from the dangers of the underworld." Zeus continued to think. He had been horrified after what happened to his daughter and nearly banished Hades. After a couple minutes of pure agonizing silence, he finally spoke.

 "Fine, what do you need." Yes! I can save Seph now!

     Hey everybody! This chapter is really short because I haven't had time to write a longer chapter, but I hoped you liked it. Real quick, I want to thank my friend Ellyn for drawing me a fabulous cover. Bye bye, everybody!

                                                                                          -Cat