"Mrs. Zhong, you might want to go check on your son." Jisung suggested as he made his way down the carpeted stairs.

"Oh, why so?"

"Because I may have accidentally killed him." Jisung bowed politely before making a beeline for the door.

"You boys, what am I to do with you? My goodness."

Donghyuck's weekend had been incredibly uneventful. He stayed in his room and watched Netflix the whole time. Played some video games, caught up on some homework, to him it went pretty well.
Nothing unusual.

What else would you expect from the living embodiment of single?

It didn't bother him really, eating snacks and wasting his life away. It was better than being at school and slowly wasting away there.

If he was lucky perhaps his bed would swallow him whole. Already slowly sinking more and more into the soft pale sheets.

"Dear lucky star, please give me a boyfriend or let me sink into the abyss." Donghyuck cringed at himself as soon as the small words left his plump lips. The way he worded it made it sound like he couldn't live without love, which definitely was not true.

He also cringed because he noticed he had accidentally said boyfriend instead of girlfriend. Curse Renjun.

"Donghyuck, there's a package down here for you!" Mrs. Lee called from downstairs, snapping him out of his daze.

Donghyuck sighed and rolled himself out of bed, literally. He hit the wood floor with a thud and a groan, rolling onto his back.

"By the way lucky one- lucky strike- whatever the hell I said, I take back my wish. Like for real, forget about it."

Donghyuck rushed down the stairs, looking at the unusually small package on their front porch. He picked it up, examined it and then bolted back up the stairs.

Mrs. Lee raised an eyebrow at her strange son. She didn't even want to know what was in it.

The tiny box was now sitting on Donghyuck's desk in front of him, staring it down like it was suddenly going to pop to life or something.

How the actual hell was a boyfriend supposed to fit in there?

"Renjun, would you like to explain to me what the hell I just got in the mail?"

"I dunno, what is it?"

"Listen here smartass-"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT YOU GOT IN THE MAIL DONGHYUCK I DONT STALK YOU."

"Yeah but you got it for me."

"Oh, that. So what's it look like?"

"It literally says just add water and looks kind of like a plant, thing."

"I guess do what it says."

"This is such a rip off Renjun."

"Maybe, we'll see."

"You know nothing is going to happen right?"

"Probably,"

"No, not probably, definitely."

"Aight well Chenle is over at my house and about to scream at me so I'll let you handle it."

"Wait Renjun-" beep beep beep.

Donghyuck wanted to cry when he woke up the next morning. While brushing his teeth and staring at his disheveled appearance, he wondered if he slammed his head against the sink hard enough, could he end his suffering?