carnivál

It was their first kiss, but it wasn't a fairytale magic kiss atop a peaking ferris wheel.

It tasted of salt from tears and Donghyuck wasn't sure if they were Mark's or his own.

Mark squeezed his hand again as a reminder that despite the words that had slipped his lips, Mark was still there.
In reality, it was probably because they were still high in the air and Mark honestly couldn't go anywhere.

Donghyuck didn't know when Mark's other hand had found it's way to his soaked cheek, but it was there, wiping away tears that were still flowing.

Ah, so he was crying.

Why on earth was he crying? How could he cry over such a silly little thing?

It was just a tiny peck, merely a meeting of lips, but god it left his stomach in knots. The good kind, the kind where it left you wanting more of whatever made you feel that way. You could almost call Mark's lips a drug.

Donghyuck would sell his house and all his belongings to buy more of that drug.
You could call him an addict.

But he had just ruined it. Any chance of having it slipped through his fingers as Mark backed away from him.

Donghyuck didn't even open his eyes, savoring the feeling he knew he'd never feel again.
So this is what it felt like?

He brung his hand to his lips, his eyes still closed, making the sensation of cold fingertips on warm lips that much more dramatic.

Mark kissed him.
Mark had just kissed him.

And he may have kissed back.

Donghyuck finally opened his eyes when their cart started moving again and Mark was already looking in the other direction, at the festive lights below.

"Okay," he whispered, not even sparing Donghyuck a glance.

"What?"

"Okay," Mark turned back to him with a soft smile. "Lets be friends."

Donghyuck was too dumbfounded to say anything else, simply gawking at Mark until they reached the bottom and had to get out.

"How was the ride?" Jisung asked them as they hopped off.

"F-fine. I thought you were riding with Chenle?"

"I was, but I hate ferris wheels and I got nauseous so I had to get off."

"Where are the others?"

"Jaemin and Jeno are still on and so are Chenle and Renjun. By the way," he pointed at Mark. "Who the fuck is this?"

Mark snickered and Donghyuck had almost forgotten for a second that he was there. He was trying so hard to.

"I'm Mark." He smiled and waved. "Jisung, right?"

Jisung nodded and almost fell forward as someone bumped into the back of him. Chenle, of course.

"When are you going to introduce your boyfriend to us Hyuck?" Chenle spoke as if he hadn't just latched himself onto Jisung like a leech.

"Mark's not-"

"I'm not his boyfriend." Mark let out calmly before Donghyuck even had a chance.

It felt weird to hear him say that.

Donghyuck noticed Renjun throwing daggers at him with his eyes.

"Then what are you, Mark?" Renjun inquired snarkily.

"We're just friends."

Something about the way the words rolled off his tongue made Donghyuck uneasy. He just wanted to have a fun night at the carnival with his friends.