1 year: Markhyuck

Donghyuck tried to sit up, the light peeking through curtains shining uncomfortably in his sleepy eyes. His mission was foiled when an arm that was wrapped around his waist pulled him back down.

"Mark," Donghyuck groaned, trying to wiggle out of his boyfriend's grasp.

"Donghyuck," Mark whined back, eyes still closed but grip tightening.

"Are you trying to kill me?"

"No, I'm trying to kiss you." Mark pecked Donghyuck softly on the lips, so softly it almost irritated him.

"Stop being so gross." Donghyuck giggled, pushing Mark's head away.

"One more, one more!" Mark pleaded, grabbing Donghyuck's arms, "It's a special day, so I get more kisses."

"Oh, is it?" Donghyuck pretended to be thinking, tapping his chin.

Mark frowned at him, "Hey, that's not funny."

"No, I really don't know what you're talking about."

Mark huffed and turned over, away from him. Donghyuck snickered and rested his head on Mark's shoulder.

"Come on Mark, you know I was just playing." He ran his finger in little circles on Mark's side.

"Do I, Hyuck?"

"Mark," Donghyuck whined, trying to push Mark onto his back. He finally opted to put the side of his face against Mark's, rubbing their cheeks together.

"Donghyuck," Mark mimicked in a snarky tone.

Donghyuck put his hand on the other side of Mark's face, pressing their cheeks as closely together as possible. "You know I love you, right Markie? I just like to tease you. Your reactions are always funny and cute."

Mark faked a gag at Donghyuck's gushy tone, but ended up laughing softly in the end.

"Yeah, sure, Mr. Forgets Our Anniversary."

"You know I didn't forget."

"Prove it."

Donghyuck tried to pull Mark on his back again but he resisted. He leaned in but Mark turned his head away.

"No, don't try to kiss me. Prove it."

Donghyuck sat back on his heels and sulked for a minute before Mark felt him get off the bed. He sulked his way into their closet and Mark heard him ruffling things around for a bit before he heard Donghyuck's feet padding against the ground harder than neccessary.

"Look at me."

"Are you going to prove it?"

"Mark, would you just look at me, please?"

Mark turned around and softened instantly when he saw Donghyuck wearing what he wore on their first date.

"What is it, Hyuck?"

"I got you something." He spoke softly with his hands behind his back.

A shy Donghyuck was one of Mark's favorite things.

Mark sat up, holding out his arms, "Let me see it, baby."

Donghyuck went to give Mark the tiny box, but Mark shook his head.

"No, I want you in my arms. Open the gift for me."

Donghyuck shook his head with a small laugh before climbing onto the bed into Mark's arms. He was sat on Mark's lap, straddling him with Mark's arms around his waist and the box held between them.

"Open it." Mark pushed with a smile.

Donghyuck started opening the box oh so slowly, making Mark groan. "Oh come on, Hyuck. Don't tease me anymore."

Donghyuck snickered, but opened the box. Mark let out a soft gasp and then looked up at Donghyuck's face, squeezing his waist tightly and smiling.

"Put it on for me." Mark held up his hand for Donghyuck to place the ring on.

Donghyuck put it on with a small smile before saying, "I remember you saying you really wanted this dragon ring for a few months. You've been working really hard and you deserve it."

Mark stared at Donghyuck for a moment, mouth agape as Donghyuck looked down and fiddled with the hem of his sweater.

"You're the best, Hyuckie." Mark squeezed Donghyuck until he started complaining of not being able to breathe.

"So, what'd you get me?" Donghyuck asked as he wrapped his arms loosely over Mark's shoulders.

"You'll see." Mark smiled, pressing a kiss to Donghyuck's chin.

"If you're going to kiss me do it right you coward."

Mark laughed near to hysterics before finally kissing Donghyuck like he wanted.

"Seriously," Donghyuck said between kisses, "where is my present?"

"I said, hold on. You're so impatient baby."

"Hey, I gave you mine already." Donghyuck whined.

"How about I just give you my love?"

"You're the one who forgot, aren't you?"

"No, that is literally impossible. Having all of our anniversaries saved is part of my programming."

"Oh, shut up." Donghyuck laughed, hitting Mark's chest.

"Baby, I swear I have something very special planned out for you, okay? You just gotta wait a little while."

"Okay," Donghyuck sighed.

Donghyuck made to get off of Mark's lap, but Mark grabbed his hips to stop him. "Hey, don't be all sulky. It's still our anniversary and I still want to spend it loving you."

"I hate how cheesy you are."

"You love me," Mark smirked, "I'm the best."

"Gee, what a wonderful boyfriend I have." Donghyuck said sarcastically.

"Hey, don't degrade me."

"Okay, I guess I'll stop teasing only for today."

"I love you." Mark watched him closely with a serious face before reaching up for his lips.

"I love you, too." Donghyuck sighed softly into their kiss, planting his hands in Mark's hair.

"Happy anniversary, Hyuckie."

"Happy one year of being married, babe."

--

Yes, I know it's weeks late. Life has been real oop lately.

Anywho, I hope this was as tooth rottingly fluffy as I tried to make it. If you didn't get cavities I'm doing something wrong. But ye a little plot twist; it isn't just their one year anniversary, it's their one year of being married anniversary. 🎉🎉

A year since I started writing this story, I can't believe it. Please continue to support me and my stories everyone! I'll try to do better. ♡

Donghyuck's 'first date' outfit