ii

Taehyung couldn't stop smiling on his way home. He looked like an idiot to be honest but he doesn't care. But when he saw his father waiting outside the porch, his smile quickly faded away when he noticed he looks angry.

"I-I'm home dad.."

The next thing he knew, his ear was being pinched as he was forcefully dragged by his father inside the house. He could only yelp in pain and plead him to stop since he was powerless against him.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU BITCH!? I TOLD YOU TO GO HOME EARLY BUT YOU DISOBEYED ME!!" Taehyung ended up being pushed so hard that his father basically threw him on the wall.

He groaned in pain as he crouched down, trembling in fear. In the corner of his eye, he could see his mother looking traumatized at the events that were happening. But Taehyung knew he was not the only one powerless in this house. His mother couldn't do anything about it or she'll be the one receiving a beating.

"OWWWWW!" Taehyung yelled in pain as his father pulled his hair, raising his face to level his.

"Listen here you fucker, I don't tolerate this kind of behaviour in this house so you better follow my rules or else!" Taehyung could smell alcohol in his father's breath. He fell down on the ground when his father let go of his hair.

"Now go to your room! Don't expect to eat anything tonight or even tomorrow!" His father finally looked away but Taehyung could hear him mumbling curses at him.

Before his father could do anything else, Taehyung rushed upstairs and locked himself in his bedroom. He threw his bag on his bed and plumped down beside it.

He could feel the tears starting to form in his eyes. He was really pissed at his father. He hated it whenever he's like that, trying to make his own stupid rules as if he's a vip. He felt pathetic and worthless.

What's wrong with being happy?

What's wrong with having fun?

That's when an idea went into his mind. In the future, he'll look back into these events but he'll only choose to look back at the happy ones.He got up and went to his study table.

He decided to write a journal. It may seem childish but it didn't matter to Taehyung. When he grows up and finds this journal, he wants to recall the good memories of his past not the bad ones.

Journal entry:

March 13 year 11

Today is the first day of school. I met Namjoon hyung and Jimin hyung. They are really funny and cool friends. We went to the bookstore and bought things! I bought a uv pen which I thought looks really cool. I wish me and my hyungs wil have fun tomorrow again. I couldn't wait to go to school.

Taehyung stopped writing and glanced at his bag. His uv pen was still inside. And that's when another idea came to his mind.

Taehyung is a unique person. He loves figuring out hidden messages and meanings as well as creating them. It gives more value to a simple object. One sure thing is, Taehyung is definitely not writing an ordinary journal.

...........................

When Taehyung went to class the next day, the chair behind him was still empty. He just shook his head in dissappointment.

"What if he dropped out? Don't you think?" Jimin eyed the empty chair as he caressed his chin.

Before Taehyung was able to answer, Namjoon spoked first. "I don't think so. Stop assuming things Jimin. The person has his own reasons."

"That's why I said what if!" Jimin complained. But he immediately shut up when the teacher came.

The students greeted her and just when the class was about to start, the doors busted open revealing an exhausted guy who looks like he just ran all the way here.

"Oh, you finally came to class young man. Not to mention you're late." The teacher placed both of her hands on her hips.

"Sorry ma'am. There was just an emergency."

"I'll decide to let it pass this time since it's only the start of class so please come here in the center and introduce yourself to your fellow classmates." The teacher moved asode to give the guy some space.

The brunette boy looked at everyone before bowing.

"Hi. My name is Jeon Jungkook. Please take care of me."