xii

"Jungkook!!" Taehyung yelled his best friend's name as he got outside the building. He shivered as the cold breeze blew across his skin. He checked inside the car but he wasn't there so he decided to go around the building, heading to the seashore at the back.

As he got there, he finally saw the boy sitting on the sand, facing the sea. He felt relieved because he was almost starting to think he was kidnapped or something.

"Jungkook! There you are!" He smiled, glad to have found him first. But Jungkook didn't turned around. He stayed in the same position, gazing at the sea. Weird, he's pretty sure Jungkook would be able to hear him from this distance. He finally approached him and as he got closer, he almost freezed when he heard him sobbing.

Taehyung walked in front of Jungkook and was completely horrified on what he was seeing right now. Jungkook was crying quietly while slashing slits on his arm using a swiss army knife. He already made a lot of cuts, causing his left arm to be covered in blood.

"Jungkook stop!!" He quickly snatched the knife away from his hand and threw it not so far away. Then, he kneeled down in front of the younger and held his bloody arm. He just remembered he have a handkerchief on his pocket which he used to wrap as a bandage around the younger's arm.

"T-Tae.." Jungkook sniffled.

Taehyung had him never seen like this before. It was enough to tear his heart into pieces.

"Jungkook, tell me what happened." Taehyung cupped his face, wiping the tears away. His eyes already looks bloodshot due to crying but he still thought he looks handsome. He was beyond perfect.

Jungkook sniffed and wailed more as he threw himself to Taehyung, tucking his face on the older's shirt. "I-I can't take t-this a-anymore Tae. I'm s-such a w-worthless person." He stuttered in between his sobs. He was shivering either from the cold night breeze or being too scared.

Taehyung pursed his lips, trying to stifle himself from crying too. He wrapped his arms around him and leaned his chin on top of his head. "You're not worthless Jungkook. You mean a lot to everyone. Especially to me.." For now, all Jungkook needs is comfort and he's doing his best to stop his crying. They stayed in that position until Jungkook finally calmed down and became quiet.

"Please tell me what happened Kookie." Taehyung asked again. He wants to help him badly because he knows the younger needs it. He couldn't lose such a precious friend..

After few more seconds, Jungkook finally looked up. Taehyung's face was really close to his but he didn't cared. He's glad that someone was able to comfort him for once. To be there by his side while he cries and Taehyung happens to be that person.

"I-I got kicked out of the house.." Jungkook pressed his lips to hold back his tears again.

Taehyung held Jungkook's hands to comfort him, "Why?"

The guy took a deep breath before finally admitting everything, "I wasn't suppose to join you guys in this trip but I sneaked out of the house." He sniffled, "My father has been harsh on me so when he found out about it, he called me and told me to never come back. He said he already threw my things away." Jungkook looked down, he never thought of the man as his father, he never thought of his stepmom his mother and his two older stepbrothers, his brothers. He never saw them as his family since they never treated him like a part of it from the start ever since his mom died. Sure they raised him but he was treated like an outcast. The only kindess he received was from the housekeeper and the gardener. They were the only people he got to play with. But that was only back at his childhood. They were both gone long ago.

He smiled as another tear trickled down his cheek, "Looks like I don't have a home nor a family anymore." He tightened his grip on Taehyung's hand, "T-Tae.. i don't know what to do anymore."

Taehyung felt so bad for the younger, he would love Jungkook to live with him but he's sure his father won't allow it. Maybe he could think of another solution..

"Why don't you try staying at Jin's place? He's the eldest among us and I believe he'll be able to take care of you. Besides, he's rich and he did say he lives alone in his apartment."

Jungkook stopped crying and gazed into Taehyung's eyes. "What if he doesn't accept me?"

"Nonsense! He's our friend! I'm sure he will understand your situation and help you out. Just trust me on this Jungkook. I'm sorry I couldn't let you stay at my place, there's just many things going on and I wouldn't want you to get involved with it. The best thing I could do for now is to let you stay at Jin's place."

Jungkook looked down, "Okay. I'll go with your decision." Forcing himself to smile as he stared at him.

Taehyung hugged him, "I'm sorry you lost your family but believe me, we'll always be here for you. You could consider us your family. We love you Jungkook so don't even think that you're alone because we'll always be here." he paused and mumbled, "I'll always be here."

Jungkook felt his heart beating so fast after Taehyung said the last line. He hugged him back, burying his face on the older's shoulder. "Thank you Tae, I'm glad you're the one here with me."

Taehyung chuckled, "I'll always be here for you. I'll stick by your side till the end, I promise."

"I'd love that." Jungkook smiled. "But Tae, could you keep this a secret only between us?" Gesturing at his left arm which was now wrapped in Taehyung's handkerchief.

"I will."

......................

Standing behind the palm tree, Yoongi stared at the two guys hugging by the shore. He saw everything. But he was too late. Taehyung already found the maknae before him...

Looks like he already won Jungkook over.

Sighing in defeat, he turned around, taking a last glimpse of the two before walking back to the building. Looking down at the ground, with every step he takes, everything keeps getting blurrier.

He just realized it was his tears.