xiv

"Hey hyung, have you seen Tae?" Jungkook tugged on Namjoon's sleeve as the older rummages through his locker, looking for something.

"Didn't he went to the washroom?" Namjoon asked without taking his eyes off his locker. He even picked up a small accessory box, shaking it but there was no sound so he just threw it back inside again.

Jungkook shakes his head, "I checked but he wasn't there." Earlier, shortly after Hoseok left them during lunch, they all finished their foods and walked back to their rooms but Taehyung said he needed to go to the washroom and Namjoon said he just remembered something and asked Jungkook to accompany him. He didn't know he'll just end up watching the guy mess up his locker trying to find a goddamn pen.

"I gotta go hyung. I need to find Tae."

Namjoon shifted his eyes on him then smirks few seconds afterwards. "Can't you handle being away from your honey that long?"

Okay. Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn't like the term 'honey'. He thought it sounded kinda cute. "Yep. I miss my honey so much." He followed along, winking before traipsing away.

If Taehyung goes missing, Jungkook has a hunch of where he could possibly be. Well... where else?

Heading to the rooftop, the tapping sound of his shoes against the stone stairs reverberated along the enclosed walls. As he neared the top, his heart started racing when he noticed small gap of light peeking through the slightly open door.

He pushed it, careful not to make any sound. He wanna suprised Taehyung.

And there he was all along. Leaning on the railings again, staring at the sky. It's always the first sight he sees before going here. Taehyung's slightly arched back, and his dark hair being blown through the wind. You could really see how tall he is even from this far.

He grinned as he tiptoed, sneaking up behind him.

"TaeTae I'm here~" He mumbled, hugging him from the back and nuzzling his nose on the older's shoulder.

"Kookie?" Taehyung turned around which caught Jungkook off guard. He ended up taking a step back when he noticed it.

"Are you smoking?" Jungkook knitted his eyebrows. He never thought Taehyung was the kind of guy.

Taehyung's lips formed a small curve to the side as his finger pats the head of the cigarette causing some ashes to fall from the butt. Then he stick it between his lips again, inhaling it before puffing out smoke. "I only started."

Jungkook pouted, "But that's not good for your health."

"Don't worry, I won't turn this into a habit." Taehyung chuckled.

Jungkook was still against it but then he saw Taehyung holding a plastic on the other hand. "What are those?" He asks, pointing at it.

"Our favorite." Taehyung smiled, showing him the plastic full of strawberries. "I was waiting for you. I'm glad you came."

Jungkook's heart began beating rapidly than it ever did before. At this rate, it's gonna burst out of his chest. He and Taehyung gazed into each other's eyes for God knows how long. They stayed like that and everything around them seems to stop. For now, the world only revolves around the two of them. It was their moment....

and his time to admit his true feelings.

"T-Taehyung.. I-I think I.."

His hands start to fidget.

Taehyung laughed, " What's with the stuttering?"

Beads of sweat is already trickling down the side of his face.

"I've been questioning this for so long but now.."

He clenched his fists tightly and took a deep breath.

"Jungkook?"

"I love you Kim Taehyung."