xix

Holding a plastic bag with his left hand and his right hand resting inside his pocket, Jungkook stood under the streetlamp just in front of the grocery store whilst waiting for a cab. It was already nighttime so the the lights coming from the buildings, cars and lampposts illuminated his surroundings.  He didn't mind waiting for a taxi. In fact, he love this kind of scenery as well as the cold night breeze making it almost irresistible to breathe deeply, letting the scent pass his nostrils. The only thing that made the experience incomplete is the lack of music. He left his earphones in the house. Sighing, he looked to his left and to his luck, he finally spotted a yellow cab. He quickly raised his right arm, trying to get the driver's attention. The taxi slowed down as it approaches him and stopped when it was finally in front of him. Jungkook grabbed the door handle, pulling the door open. He sat inside, placing the plastic bag beside him then shutting the door afterwards. He noticed the driver who looks already old like he's in his 70's or even 80's but he dared not to point that out.

"Where to young man?" The old man asked in a hoarse voice, looking back at his young passenger, giving him a warm smile which made Jungkook feel pleasant somehow. The younger smiled back, telling his home address. Jin's address to be exact. He's been living with Jin for almost 3 years now.

"Okie dokie." The old man chirped before pressing on the taximeter, finally stepping on the gas.

Staring at the window, Jungkook admired the vibrant colors of the various building signage which gives life to the city. He may not be a full art enthusiast like his boyfriend but even an average person like him will be able to admire and appreciate the art in those things. Speaking of Taehyung, he just remembered he had to call him. Sliding his phone out of his pocket, he pressed the home button which turned on the screen and dialled Taehyung's number which have been set on his emergency contacts, for quick access. He waited for a few seconds, hearing continuous ringing on his right ear before he the other line finally picks up.

"Baby? You're still awake? Do you need something?" 

Jungkook let out a small giggle. "It's like only 8 in the evening Tae. Nobody sleeps that early." He stared out the window again, noticing how most of the lights from the buildings were still turned on. 

"Oh is it? I thought it was already midnight, dammit.." The last word was spoken softly, almost like a whisper but Jungkook was still able to make it out.

"What are you doing right now?"

"Homework."

"Ahh." Jungkook sighed, bobbing his head slightly as he remembered their assignment in english class wherein they had to write a poem with a genre of their choice. Good thing he already finished his in class. He kinda had a passion in writing so he was able to complete it in an hour besides, his poem was about him and Taehyung so it was way easier to come up with a love story plot. "Can you come at my place tonight?"

There was a pause. "Do you want me to bring anything?"

"No, it's okay. I already bought ice-cream. I was thinking we could watch some movie or something."

"What about Jin? Will he be joining us too?"

"Nope. He has a date with Yoongi so he's probably gonna be back by midnight or even better, he may not even come home tonight." Jungkook chuckled, imagining what Jin's face will look like if he heard him dissing him like that.

"Ahh, okay then. I'll be there as soon as I finished my poem"

"Okay Tae. Love you."

"Love you too baby." He heard Taehyung making kissing sounds before hanging up. Jungkook couldn't help but smile at how adorable his boyfriend is. What a baby, he thought.