vii

Taehyung quietly turned the doorknob of their house, hoping not to make any noise. When he got inside, he realized his father was sleeping on the couch and as usual, the table was a mess of empty wine bottles.

When he got to the kitchen, he saw his mom preparing dinner. "Taehyung, you're here." She smiled at him. "Come and eat."

Taehyung sat down, placing his bag beside him. His mother finally served dinner which was a bowl of bibimbap and kimchi as a side dish, his favorite. He was really happy until he realized he was the only one eating. His mother sat opposite of him but she don't have a food in front of her.

"Why aren't you still eating?" His mom asked with a smile. A smile so kind that it made Taehyung feel weak.

He just stared at his mother. She looks tired. Her hair is a messy bun and her clothes are stained. She looks like she's been busy all day inside the house and never got a break from it. "Where's your food?"

Still smiling, she motioned him to go ahead and eat already. "It's okay, I already ate earlier."

But Taehyung knew she was lying. It's too easy to tell but he knows arguing with her won't do any good so he just decided to stay silent and eat. It made her mother smile more. She's  beautiful when she smiles like that.

With her beauty, why would she waste it still by still clinging into his asshole father?

After Taehyung finished his food, he brought his table wares to the sink and washed it, then headed to his bedroom afterwards.

He went to his study table and took out his journal from one of the drawers.

It was almost a week ago since he wrote his last entry.

Journal entry:

March 20 year 11

I encountered bullies today but Jin helped me. He was also tall and had broad shoulders and he's really handsome. He's probably a school heartthrob or something. Then I went to the rooftop and got a little surprised when I saw Jungkook. I really love his strawberries and I just wish I could have more of it. He's a really cool guy too btw! I really think we'll become best friends. He also has a cute bunny teeth which I think looks really adorable on him. But hey! No homo though.

Taehyung chuckled at his silly writing. And of course, an entry won't be complete if he doesn't write something with his uv pen.

Sometime in the future, if this notebook still managed to survive, only the clever people and those he only trusts will be able to know it's true secrets.

"That's it for tonight." He yawned and decided to sleep.