Chapter 3~ Antics Affairs

Y/n's Point Of View

I limped my way to work with my eyelids attempting to be sneaky every so often. I wish I had coffee this fine morn'. The sun had a great idea to shine today! Unfortunately, my brain wasn't in the right mood to process happiness. Or at least positivity. I wanna go home, I wanna go onto social media, I wanna be alone. Please! I could see my workplace building ahead of me, just about a block down. The growing burden of sanity took it's toll on me. "Let's hope today is at least a bit exciting." I mumbled under my breath. I looked down at the watch I wore and my eyes immendiatly went wide. "You've gotta be shitting me! Oh sweet baby Jesus!" I exclaimed and began to run to my work. I hadn't realized how late I slept! Now I have to work the late hours! Fuck me gently with a chainsaw, do I look like Mother Theresa?

I slammed open the front doors, barging my way into work. Several heads turned to look at me but they then looked away, the usual. I ran up to the sercertary. "Miss Love!" I spat in the old lady's face. "Erm.......sorry!" I yelled again. "It's okay L/n. Have a lollipop!" Miss Love gave me a smile as she pushed a jar of multicolored lollipops toward me. "Um.......thanks!" I looked nervously at the floor as I dug my hand into her jar of infinitie lollipops. I pulled out a f/c lollipop and then walked to my office area. I walked over to a nearby elevator and pressed the up button. I waited patiently for the elevator to arrive at the last floor. It seemed to be lagging though, unfortunately. I took out my phone and inserted some ear buds into my ears as I decided to play something..............soothing? I put my phone in my pocket as I turned my attention back to the f/c lollipop. I took off the plastic covering and crumbled it in my hand. I then inserted the f/c lollipop into my mouth, sucking on it. Looks like today's gonna be a normal day! Right? I guess? Eh? Thanks!

I listened to the song's intro.

Beware!

Beware!

Beware!

I'm not sure if you're still breathing!

Beware!

Beware!

Beware!

Tick,

Tock,

Tick,

Tock!

There goes the clock!

Thanks for your time today!

Beware!

Beware!

Beware!

That rush,

Of adrienaline!

Causes you to run!

Beware!

Beware!

Beware!

I can't wait for tonight!

Beware!

Beware!

Beware!

"Alrighty then!" I heard some man yell through the blaring rock music. I looked over to the doors to see the same man from yesterday! But, he had his hands back! Good for him! The man had wrapped his fingers around two pistols at his hips. I didn't think much of it. The man pulled the two pistols out of his belt. What the hell? I took a step back as I tried to process this situation. A guy with a bunch of weapons.............at a workplace........does he know these people?! I heard a loud boom as I saw one of my co-workers fall to the ground, holding their stomach. Several screams erupted inside the room as everyone began to hide and run for protection.

Unfortunately, I just stood there like a deer in headlights. Frozen with fear. I watched as the man scanned around the room, looking for someone, possibly another victim. Somehow, the man dug a hand into his back pocket and pulled out a drawing of a fe/male with h/l h/s. I couldn't exactly tell who that person could have been because of how childish it looked. The man then began to approach Miss Love's desk. I had to do something! I couldn't risk him hurting the precious cinnamon roll! I sprinted toward the man in a mad dash and jumped onto him. Somehow, my weight managed to knock this guy right off his feet! "Not today bub!" I yelled into his face. I began to punch him in his face with as much force as I could have. "Ow! Ow! Ow! What the hell?! Get! Off! Me!" The man yelled. But, I continued further. I slapped him, kicked him, punched him. I continued for about a couple of minutes before my arms gave out. I had gotten my own self out of breath by all this punching, kicking, and screaming.

I looked down at the man who just looked at me with a annoyed expression. He reached for one of his pistols and aimed it at my forehead. "Now tell me! Have you seen this wo/man?" The man picked up the paper with the drawing of the wo/man. I squinted to try to figure out this wo/man's identity. "Nothin'." I replied. The man disappointed by my response, punched me in the chest, knocking the wind out of me. I fell backwards onto the floor. I saw the man start to stand up and a dark shadow towered over me. I felt sleep consume me and I saw the man knelt down, using two fingers to close my eyelids for me.

"Nighty night!" The man chirped, waving to me as I drifted out of consciousness. The last thing I heard were footsteps taking steps away from me. No! Not the precious cinnamon roll! Goddamn it! Goddamn it! Alright Y/n, calm down...........calm the freak down! It's gonna be fine! Right?

Well, at least it couldn't get any worse?