Chapter 26~ Imposters In Illusions

Y/n's Point Of View

This is the place where Addison is being held hostage? This...this must be a joke! The colorful tent of orange and white towered over me and Wade. The smell of greasy food filled my nostrils. I looked over at Wade. He began to reach for a pistol by his hip. I put a hand on his shoulder, giving him a death glare. He immendiatly moved his hand away from the pistol. I turned my attention back to the tent. Posters flew out from the tent, scattering across the ground. "So...how we...we...we doing this?" Wade asked. I looked over at him with a scowl. "Excuse me?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. Wade pointed a finger at me, putting a hand on his hip. "You wanna do it the 'easy' way!" Wade stated, using air quotes on the word easy. "I...I...I...I!" I stammered.

"Whatcha two persons doin' here?" We turned our heads to a dark shadow towering over us. In front of the entrance stood a very chubby man. "We're here for the kid!" Wade announced, pulling out a gun and pressing the barrel to the guy's forehead. The man didn't seem bothered by this...this choice of words. The man crossed his arms across his chest. "No! No, no, no, no!" I said, pushing Wade back a bit to get some distance between him and the chubby man. "Actually! We're...we're...we're here for..." I began to trail off as I looked over at one of posters.

Barney & Fiends:
6 AM THROUGH 6 PM!
Need golden fame?
C'mon to the gates!

Underneath the poster were a bunch of small words, I guess instructions! I looked up at the man. "We're here for...for the fame! Ya know?" I nudged the man. "And what act do you be playin'?" The man asked. I looked over at Wade who just shook his head. I looked back at the man. "A singing and dancing duo! Dear Dead!" I blurted out. I looked over at Wade who just face palmed in agony. "Well?" The man asked. I looked back at the man. "I...I go by Dear and...and he goes by..." I pointed over at Wade. "Dead!" I added. "Goddamn it wo/man!" Wade yelled, flailing his arms around in rage. He then began to run around in circles, still flailing his arms. I looked back at the man with a small smile. "Are...those ya'll costumes?" He asked. "Uhhhhhh....erm! Well..." I began. The man shrugged. "Eh...I've seen worse..." He cut me off. "You're welcome!" The man stepped to the side and I entered into the tent.

Instantly, I saw a lot of people huddled around a table, eating. In the middle of the tent, a circlular stage surrounded by crosses. It all looked like it could be the devil's makin'. Horrifying.....and yet...surreal. "Hey A/n!" I heard incoming footsteps from behind me so I turned. Wade instantly froze upon the sight of the inside of the tent....I guess? "No...no! You've gotta be screwing with me! Aw shit man!" Wade began to back away. "Wade!" I called out. Wade snapped his fingers at me. "Remember the rule?" He asked. Right! Code names! "Deadpool! What is it?" I yelled out to Deadpool. "Creepy.......cl-clowns-cl-clowms!" Deadpool stuttered out. He pointed at a group of possibly innocent clowns. Deadpool began to shake in fear. I put my hands on my hips, raising an eyebrow. "Are you for real?" I asked him. He nodded and lifted a foot up. I grabbed Deadpool's wrist. "Deadpool! What about the...the child? Addison?" I asked. "I think I can pass that $10,000 dollar reward." He stated. I gasped at his statement and slapped him across the face.

"Thanks..." Deadpool said, rubbing his sore cheek. "Lil' ones!" A female voice announced on a loudspeaker. Everyone turned their heads to the stage, seeing a female red head dressed all up in steampunk victorian corset top with a emerald green bustle skirt along with long black fishnet socks, appearing from a fog. The female looked over at us with a smile. "You two must be.........Dear Dead!" The red head announced, twirling her cane with her fingers. I looked over at Deadpool. He held out a hand. "Shall we..............Dear?" He asked, giving me a wink. You slick bastard. I put my hand in his, with his wrapping around mine. We walked up to the stage, hand in hand. We stood on top of the stage and looked up to see a crowd in the bleachers. I had never sang in public before......nor knew how to dance.......very well! "And now! Dear Dead shall perform! Their number one hit! Silent But Deadly!" The female announced. "Wait...what?!" I blurted out. Deadpool began to laugh at my nervous state. "That.....that's definitely a keeper." Deadpool commented. The red head tossed me the microphone. "Break a leg." She said as she walked away. I held the microphone in my shaking hands. I swear I can probably throw my lunch up. My eyes were locked on the crowd. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth, hearing a piano play in the background. I looked over to see the red head playin'. I looked around me to see Deadpool twirling around in some high heels.

♪Okay♪

I began thinking of words to come after.

♪Shush♪

♪Shush♪

♪Shush♪

♪Hush♪

I put a finger to my lips, letting out a small hum. I felt hands on my waist and turned my head to see Deadpool. We began to step to the left then to the right, creating our own dance.

♪All the times we watched♪

♪As others took the blame on us♪

♪All the times we watched♪

♪The world burn to ashes♪

Deadpool spun me around in a circle then grabbing my wrist, pulling us close. He took microphone into his hands, raising it to his mouth.

♪Dear♪

♪I'm sorry♪

He sang in a mournful voice.

♪We wish to not part♪

♪But♪

♪This is never easy♪

♪I can't breathe if you deny me♪

Deadpool tossed the microphone to me with me catching it.

♪Please breathe with me♪

♪One♪

♪Two♪

♪Three♪

♪All the times we watched♪

♪Others die inside♪

♪All the times we watched♪

♪We can't fix what we built ourselves to be♪

♪Change♪

♪Is♪

I took a moment to breathe then opened my mouth to sing with Deadpool chiming in.

♪Silent♪

♪But♪

♪Deadly♪

We then turned to the crowd, giving them jazz hands.