Chapter 18~ Birth Of My Devotion

Y/n's Point Of View

Darkness...........and an intense silence. Am.........am I d-d-dead? Is.......is this Heaven? My entire body felt like static could be coursing through. A tingling sensation really.............to put it simple. I clenched my teeth together, sucking in air. My fingers twitched causing an uncomfortable tingling sensation to spread throughout my arm. Panic began to set in for me. Am......am I dead? Or............Or worse! The walking dead? I bit my lip, sinking my teeth into the bottom lip for...whatever reason. I stopped as I felt pain spread throughout my bottom lip. Yup...probably...definitely alive! I opened my eyes to see bright light everywhere! And gosh darn it, I mean everywhere. "Good God!" I exclaimed. I shut my eyes tight to just focus on the tingly feeling. Foruantely.............the feeling had ended. I used my elbows to sit up and turned my legs off the soft cushion underneath me. I set my feet on the floor, nice and steady. I raised my butt off the cushion with my legs feeling majorly unstable. "Whoa sh-" My body fell forward, slamming my face into the floor. Pain filled my cheek. Could this world be anymore mean? I sighed as I put my hands in front of me.

I pushed upward and got onto my knees. I had the courage to open my eyes to see around me. I opened my eyes to see the bright colors all around me. I blinked to calm the pain directed toward my eyeballs. I looked around the room. Nothing really came. Just..........many, many! Questions. I propped one of feet on the floor, carefully standing up. Let's see how this'll go! I brought out another foot to help steady myself. I managed to stand all on my own which made me feel high and mighty! I took a steady step. I didn't fall at all! I have confidence! I noticed a bright shine from a certain area in the room. I turned my head to see a body mirror. I began to approach it, a couple of steps at a time. Balance had become restored to my world. I won't be held down! I could begin to see my image in the reflection. I wore some f/c pajamas with my hair being let loose from a cage. Heh, heh..........'cage'. Overall, I looked pretty average. Despite the fact that I wore some embarrassing slippers. Freakin' squeaking clown noses.

I walked over to a dresser, opening a drawer. I looked down to see so many clothes, many favorites. I picked up one, bringing it to my nose. I inhaled the scent of splender and nostalgia. I closed my eyes and brought the shirt to my chest. I began to see old memories of me being here. I opened my eyes and looked down at the shirt. I looked up and over to the bedroom window. "Holy moly! I-I-I live here!" I exclaimed. I began to laugh and felt a smile form. I dropped the shirt and ran to the door. I burst into my kitchen/living room. I spun around until I grabbed the doorknob to the fridge, pulling at it. I opened it to see several rotten delicaties. Whelp... I shrugged and closed the door to skip on over to the front door. I opened it and danced my way down the hallway, probably awakening several next door neighbors. I began to burst into song.

Ohhhhhh........

Sweet release!

From the heavens down to Hell!

I believe!

I am free from misery!

I'mma head on through.

If I will be able to breathe!

Finally!

Ohhhhhh........

Sweet release!

I stopped in the middle of the hallway, opening my eyes to see around me. The high halls were covered with a l/f/c hue along with several absurd paintings. I felt a odd bit of emotions. Joy, angst, and anxiety. I turned around to face my apartment doorway. It seemed far away but that's what happens when you help pass time. I skipped my way back to my apartment, seeing several doors begin to open. I walked into my apartment, closing my door behind me. I looked around the room to nothing had moved. I then walked back to my room with the slippers making the most obnixous sound. Squeak! Squeak! Squeak! Is all they speak! Somehow...........I walked in on a grown man laying facedown on my bed. His face had become buried in my pillow. Panic filled my body. But........then I remembered....... Wade! I smiled as I approached him. I shook his body lightly. As a response, he let out a groan. "It's time for some sunlight!" I replied. "No!" He whined through the pillow. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "There are 372,844 pancakes with your name on 'em!" I lied, knowing he had a sercet obsession with pancakes..........and Mexican food...........and women..........and breaking this so called 'fourth wall'..............and.............ya know what? There's too many too list!

Wade raised his hand, pointing at me. "I'll be soon." He announced. I nodded and turned around to face the doorway, walking towards the kitchen. "Dat ass." I heard someone blurt out. I didn't bother checking to see because..........obviously! Wade! I entered the kitchen to decide to have some coffee. I grabbed a mug and went over to the coffee maker, pressing a couple of buttons. "Boop! Boop! Boooooooop!" I said in a childish manner. "Awwww........" I heard Wade say. I turned to see Wade leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. "So..." He looked around the kitchen then looked at me. "Where's my 372,844 pancakes with my face on 'em?" He asked. I looked down at the floor, feeling ashamed. "Erm.........well! I-I-I-I-I don't...........don't......didn't! Didn't actually.........make any........any pan........cakes." I explained. "Way to expose me in front of the kiddos." He hissed. He looked over at the kitchen table as did I. Surprisingly, I saw.........pan.......cakes. I looked over at Wade, smiling nervously. "Obviously a lie sweet cheeks!" Wade responded as he walked on over to the table. I felt my face become hot. "Hey! My cheeks aren't cute!" I yelled. "You're right. They're adorable." Wade corrected, pointing at me. I let out a loud gasp as a response. Wade sat down at the table, pulling out a extra chair for me.

I grabbed my mug and sat down. I looked down at my coffee mug then brought it to my lips, taking a sip. I looked over at Wade who hadn't even touched all those pancakes and instead.....looked intensely at me? I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why you staring at me funny?" I asked. Wade snapped out of his stare. "Oh!" He turned to look at the stack of many.........many pancakes. He grabbed one from the bottom, foruantely not causing the stack to fall. He lifted up the part of his mask where it covered his mouth and began to bite into it...........the pancake.

"Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom!" He mumbled with his cheeks becoming stuffed like a chipmunk.