Chapter 22~ Battling At Nature

Y/n's Point Of View

I stood by the barrel which let off warm heat, not really much needed but.......I couldn't really agrue. Billy looked over at me. I didn't want to speak. But, unfortunately.........to not do had become a hard decision. "So...how long have you been in this......situation?" I asked him, smiling. Billy looked down at the ground, picking up a rock to inspect it. "2...maybe 5 months..." He stated. "Oh! How did that...that happen?" I slapped myself because of how offensive it might have sounded. "I came out to my parents as gay, they didn't take it so well." Billy explained. Well...at least I know I'm safe. Wait...where is...Wade? It's been 10 minutes without food! I should've told him that I wasn't necessarily patient! Ya know how hard it might get? I looked down the alleyway in the direction of where Wade had gone. 5 minutes my ass! I'm starving! I stomped in the direction of the restaurant, leaving Billy to fend for himself. I saw a restaurant with a giant taco on top, part of the sign falling off. The taco on top had bird poop lining the inside.

Not........quite appetitizing to the masses.....The windows were cracked, mostly shattered. Then, a red and black masked face became smashed against one of the windows on the inside. The face became squished as it put a hand up. "Hi baby!" The man said, waving. "Wade!" I called, running to the restaurant. I pushed open the glass doors with many men turning their heads to me. I had stopped the scene in chaos. My eyes landed over at Wade who had been put in a headlock. A crowd surrounded him with weapons. The men then looked over at Wade, breaking the pause. I got onto my knees and began crawling around on the floor, searching for a weapon. I saw a gun and grabbed it, jumping to my feet. I whislted, drawing the attention of the men. They all looked at me with the gun aimed. I had a finger on the trigger. Wade looked at me with surprise. Then, a realization hit me. "Shoot!" I exclaimed, examining the gun. Unfortunately, I hadn't been trained in weaponry, especially firearms. I gripped my hand tight on the gun, then chucking it at a man. The man fell back and held his nose as he screamed in pain. "Thanks..." Wade commented. He then kneed one of the men in the crotch, then grabbed a gun from his holsters. He aimed the gun at the man who had him in a headlock. He pulled the trigger, making the man's brains splatter across the wall.

Wade then broke free from the crowd, grabbing a bag and a tub of what looked like ice cream. He jumped over a table and grabbed my wrist, pulling me along with him. We ran out of the restaurant and I watched as Wade opened up the bag. He pulled out a chimichanga, tossing it to Billy. Billy caught it, giving Wade a thumbs up. I looked over my shoulder to see a crowd gathering. Me and Wade ran through the intersection causing several cars to stop and honk at us. We ran down the street, completely ignoring cars. We slowed down at a restaurant with Wade stopping to pull out his phone. He pressed a few buttons then put the phone to his ear. "Heeeey! Dopinder! Yeah.......we need ya.......why we?" Wade paused, looking down at the ground. "I can explain." He said then, pressed a button, ending the call. And we just stood there. "Wade.......Wade! What the hell did you do?!" I yelled. "It's just a noisy hall where there's a nightly brawl! And all that jazz!" He said, giving me jazz hands. I crossed my arms across my chest, raising an eyebrow at him. Wade sighed, dropping his hands to his sides. He looked up at me. "Fine!" He said. Then, he pointed a finger at me. "Next time kid." He added. "What?" I replied, confused.

A taxi announced it's arrival with a honk. It slowed down at the curb. A man opened the door to the passenger side. "Hey! Stop 'em!" I heard a crowd yell from behind. Wade turned his head then looked at his hip. He pulled out a grenade, taking out the pin. He then turned around, throwing the grenade at the crowd. I opened the back door and got in, closing the door behind me. "Ciao!" Wade announced and hopped into the taxi, closing the door. The taxi sped off with an explosion going off. Wade turned to me in the back seat. "I got a big tub......" He tossed it at me with it landing in my lap. "Sorry 'bout no spoon." He added. I looked up ahead, letting the reality sink in. I may never eat this ice cream. "So how did the job go?" The driver asked, looking at Wade. "Heh, just a normal day....nothing real." Wade responded. He looked down at a cup in the cup holder. He picked it up then I heard him take the last final sips from it. The driver looked at Wade with a frown. "You........can have it DP." He said. I looked out the window to see tall buildings roll by. All the buildings looked so.........so beautiful....I just wish I had enough money to get one. I sighed then looked at Wade. At least I have you. "Stop right here!" Wade notified the taxi driver. The taxi came to a halt with Wade opening the passenger door. He stepped out and walked over to my door. He pulled the knob, opening the door for me. He held out a hand and I took it. Wade pulled me out of the taxi and onto my feet.

"This has always been a favorite spot of mine." He said. He led me over to the edge and I saw a beautiful stream. "Has this been a favorite spot for romance?" I asked, a smile forming across my lips. I turned around to face Wade. "No.........more like just dangling people over the edge to just get info outta 'em." Wade corrected. My smile turned into a frown. "Well then..." I mumbled. I turned around to the edge, looking down. "Ya knows there's something real neat down there..." He said, walking up to the railing, propping his elbows on top. He looked over at me. "And that is?" I asked, squinting in order to see what it could be down below. I felt a grip on my shoulders. "You'll be sleepin' with the fishes." Wade said. "Wait...............what?!" I asked. I felt a hard shove as I then went over the edge. Wade began to laugh as I just fell. "Wade!" I screamed for his name. I looked down to see the blue comin' in, surrounding me.

Then.........I hit something hard.