Chapter 9-Lust for life

The bastard had the nerve to show up here after being a psychotic pervert! She had tried to be calm while showing him a place to seat, yet inside she was boiling with rage! She had given him the menu and he had acted as if nothing happened earlier on.

He has probably seen a ton of naked girls she thought to herself.

The other girls came up to her, fighting over who was going to serve Valerian's table.

She ended up deciding to give Sara the table, and she squealed with laughter and blew her a kiss, which left the others glaring at her and muttering "Hailey is so unfair. " under their breaths.

These girls need a grip.

She could see where Valerian was sitting, from where she and Matt were standing.

Seconds later she saw Sara's cherry hair bouncing up and down as she went over to his table to take his order. She gave her best smile, and he was polite to her and she even saw him winking at her.

Wow, Valerian was like some playboy. She felt an arm go around her shoulders when she looked up and saw that it was Matt smiling down at her, she returned the smile.

"What are you thinking about Hailey?"

"Nothing Matt,"

"The look on your face a couple of seconds ago didn't feel as if it was nothing to me."

He started tickling her and she couldn't stop laughing,

" that's what I like to see", Matt whispered her ear.

"Matt stop!" she said, trying to not make much of a noise.

Matt suddenly stopped when Bethany, who was part of the staff came, "whoa!" Bethany exclaimed,

"What?" both Her and Matt replied at the same time.

"Why is Valerian looking at you guys like that?" She and Matt turned a bit to Valerian's direction and saw what she meant.

He didn't look too thrilled and he didn't look away as if he was expecting their gazes.

Matt shrugged his shoulders," beats me" he responded.

Bethany scowled at us, "you guys stop playing around work so much, you making our best clients uncomfortable."

"Yes, Mam!" Matt responded, and she couldn't help but giggle at his funny tone, which leads to Bethany shaking her head in surrender.

she was scanning the room to see if they were any unsatisfied customers or anyone who needed attending to when she saw Valerian.

It was if he was waiting for her to look in his direction.

She made half a second, eye contact with him and then quickly turned away rolling her eyes. Was he imagining her naked again?

She and Matt started to act like professionals not wanting to get fired, or get complaints. They did their jobs properly and stopped goofing around.

She ended up getting three tables to wait, she served the tables, she hadn't noticed that all the other customers were gone when the last table she served left.

Sara came up to her and gave her a hug from behind, Hailey giggled a bit.

"Thank you for the table you gave me, Valerian gave me a huge tip," Sara said.

"He is everything Hailey I want in a man. His eyes, body, the way he walks, the way he talks and even eats. He was just everything you could dream of" as she was grinning from ear to ear. "The mysteriousness behind his eyes is bewitching."

Of course, he is she thought to herself, a pervert like him is every girl's dream.

Hailey hadn't even noticed him leaving at all as she was too busy serving her tables.

"I felt the chemistry Hailey." as she whirled around and danced like a ballerina, breaking her out of her thoughts.

"Not fair" Bethany came chiming in that she also wanted a chance if he ever came back, which resulted in them bickering who would serve him next time.

Whatever she thought to herself as she wanted to finish and get this day over with so she can rest, and tackle what lies ahead of her.

They ended the day at one in the morning which was not bad compared to the other days when they finish late or they have to send off some drunk rich guy or women who had been dumped here.

To think about it they had to also comfort people here. Which was exhausting and time-consuming.

They had finished resetting the tables and cleaning the whole place. when they were all outside they locked the doors. Everyone said their byes to each other before they dispersed.

"Do you want me to escort you home my lady?" Matt asked taking a bow in front of her, which earned him a shove from her

"No Matt go home, I am fine I can make it home on my own." Matt still insisted he walks her to the bus, which she let him do and when they arrived she gave him a long hug and thanked him. "Get home well Matt, bye!"

"Bye," Matt responded and blew her a kiss.

The bus ride was comfortable and when she got home and immediately got in under her covers in her work uniform. She immediately drifted off to sleep and woke up when the alarm clock rang. She wanted to break it.

She showered and then got dressed in long black pants, a blouse and black heels which complemented the look.

After tying her hair into a neat pony, she went and ate some breakfast then she dashed towards the bus stop.

She got to work on time and greeted Clara and the others there. She quickly went to her workspace so that she could get started with her work. She wanted to finish on time.

She entered the boardroom when she felt someone pull her and a pair of hands grabbed her thighs, and she was being lifted off the ground. She was hit against the door closing it, her legs were wrapped around his torso.

She felt her hair being gripped and this caused her head to tilt upright.

She was forced to look up and there, she saw him staring at her with dark gloomy eyes.