Chapter 27~Alex

She doesn't believe her eyes, where was he all this time? "Are you okay?" he snaps her out of her thoughts.

"Yes, I am." as she forks food into her mouth. Then Alex rubs sauce from the side of her mouth. "thank you." as he smiles at him.

"The pleasure is all mine." as he chuckles and carries on eating. "I must say you guys make exquisite food."

"Why thank you, Alex, I think you should come more often then."

"Trust me, I plan to."

"Are you guys okay?" She looks up to find Matt staring, but she can't figure out what he is thinking.

"Hailey, what do you recommend for dessert?"Alex asked.

"Can we get the famous cheesecake and chocolate cake please." she smiles at Matt.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend Hailey?" as he emphasizes the friend part.

"Of course, Alex this is my best friend Matt and Matt this is my good friend Alex." they exchange a handshake.

"One cheesecake and chocolate cake coming up." as he turns and leaves.

"So, are you and that Matt guy close?"

"Yes, we are very close."

"Not in a relationship type of way, right?"
"No of course not we have a brother, sister type of relationship."

"That's good." as his hand reaches out and he strokes her cheek.

"Your cheesecake and chocolate cake are here." as he sets them down and he gives them a quizzical look. Alex drops his hand.

Matt looks like he wants to say something, but he doesn't, and he just leaves, "thank you." as she calls after him, but he is long gone.

Matt had given her the cheesecake and Alex the chocolate. They start to eat when Alex scoops a piece and holds it in front of her mouth. He motions for her to eat it, she opens her mouth hesitantly and his fork goes into her mouth.

"How is it?"

The chocolate cake melts into her mouth. He laughs "your face says it all."

She forks her cheesecake and holds it up to him which he invites in, "and?" she asks.

"that's good stuff, Hailey."

"then I'm pleased."

"How long are staying here?"

"as long as it takes," said Alex.
"why?"

"You will soon know Hailey."
"Sorry I didn't mean to pry."

"You didn't, what are your plans for the weekend?"

"Nothing much I guess."

"Great, because I have plans for us and you can't say no to me."

"Fine, but where are we going?"

"Curious much, you will see"

"Okay." as she smiles and she carries on eating her cake. When Alex and she are done she walks him outside,

"I will see you soon." as he places a kiss on her cheek and he pulls her into a tight hug.

She embraces him back, she watches him get inside his car and drive off. She goes back to where they were sitting, and she clears the table, She comes back with new cutlery and resets the table.

"Excuse me." Hailey turns to see one of the businessman at Valerian's table calling her, oh gosh why me of all people, but I do work here as I fight with my conscience.

She walks over to them and averts her gaze from Valerian.

"You work here right?"

"Yes, Sir."

"what would you recommend for dessert?"

"Our famous cheesecake or chocolate cake."

"Hey, Hailey." She turns and to sees, Colhane was the one speaking.

Evening Sir."

"How have you been?"

"I'm good thanks and you Sir?"

"I'm great thanks."

"Can we get those for the whole table" the businessman cuts off Colhane.

"Is that all?" she asks.

"Does anyone else want anything else?" he asks them.

"No."

She goes, and hands in the order. She hadn't realized that she was holding in her breath. When the order is done, she takes the cakes and places them in front of them. "Enjoy." as she is about to turn away and leaves, she feels a hand grip her on her wrist, and it is the businessman who had called her over.

"How come this cake doesn't come with you?"
"Sorry?" she is confused.

"I saw you feeding that guy earlier, I could pay you way more for that service."

"I'm sorry I'm not interested."

"Come on don't try to act so modest now, there is nothing to be ashamed of love."

Hailey tries to loosen his grip on her wrist and its almost impossible.

"Get your fucken hands off her or else I will cut them off for you."

They all turn to see a fuming Valerian. "Valerian, what do you care? She is just a pretty whore."

Valerian gets up and he yanks her hand away."The deal is off, don't ever show your face in front of me."

Colhane gets up "I will take care of the bill."

Valerian nods and he leads her away.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/taniashava for bonus content