Chapter 23-Lights,Camera,Action

Hailey rushed upstairs, and fetched her bags, she collected everything and rushed downstairs. she handed Matt her bags and he took them. "I will be waiting for you outside."

She turned to Valerian who was staring at her with a blank expression that she couldn't guess what he was thinking. "Thank you, sir, for letting me stay."

He turned to her "Why didn't you tell me that you were planning to leave?"

"I was planning on telling you during dinner," she responded.

"Didn't you like staying with me?" as his voice appeared sad.

"No, I did, it's not you. It's just me, I have a lot of issues to sort out with Matt." as she tried to reassure him.

"Okay." as he turned and walked away.

She went to Matt outside, he opened the door for her and she got in. He didn't say anything for the whole drive when they got to his place he took the luggage and followed him. He made them tea and they sat on the couch. "What happened Hailey? You had me worried sick."

She turns to Matt and tells him everything, from the charity dinner, to the breaking in and to the struggles that she was facing at work. He listened to her intently, "wow." was all he said when she was done.

"I called you because you are the only friend I truly value, I want us to patch things up. I hate it when we are like this."

"I hate it too Hails." as he smiled at her.

Then he turned serious "Do you have an idea as to who broke into your house?"

"well I thought it was Valerian's ex Charlize, but I don't know anymore, I couldn't get evidence or anything." As she answered him.

"We need to find out soon who is behind this Hails, it's not safe."

"Yeah." as she agreed.

"Why don't you tell Valerian what the other staff is doing to you at work, it must be unbearable."

"I can't Matt, this will pass. I don't want to give them the satisfaction." as her eyes were drooping a bit.

"You must be tired, I fixed the guestroom for you." as he was yawning.

"Thank you." as she got up and hugged him. She felt so much better when he reciprocated. They called it a night as it was already late. She went to the guest room that he had prepared for her and she went to sleep. She got to work, and they were all called in for a meeting. This time it wasn't Valerian who came in to address them, it was a lady who was tall, and she was very pretty. She looked very professional, with brownish blonde hair.

"Morning to some of you who don't know me, I am Brie and I'm the head of the marketing team, so I know you're wondering why I called you in for a meeting. Well, we are going to have a company photoshoot, we have hired a male and a female model who is going to be representing this company. The photoshoot is taking place at the end of the week, so I want everything to run smoothly as this is a big deal for this company and that is why Valerian hired me. "

"I expect full corporation and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will be here this week to supervise you guys also on your work. Don't worry I am not here to babysit you guys nor to rain on your parade, but I'm here to better you guys. Thank you for your time, and since no one has questions you are all dismissed."

They all got up and went back to their work. Hailey got to her workplace and resumed her work. After some time, she saw Brie talking to Clara, then she left. She started to wonder where Valerian was because she hadn't seen him the whole day and she couldn't even ask anyone where he was because it would create a commotion.

She finished her work and went to the restaurant to work on my other shift. She worked and kept looking at the door with the hope of seeing Valerian walkthrough, but it didn't happen. She tried to not make it obvious, but Matt kept giving her peculiar glances, but he never showed. When they were done they went to Matt's house, and had dinner and then went to bed.

Friday came, and she hadn't seen Valerian for the whole week which was weird, and Brie had done what she said she would do, she had monitored everyone. Hailey was glad that the other girls had left her alone and didn't pull any stunts or any problems for her.

They went to the photoshoot venue to observe it, she was excited as she had never seen a live shoot. The photographer was there, and he looked really cool. The male model arrived, and he really looked good looking, he was tall and lean. His jaw was chiseled with ashy blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. They were now waiting for the female model. One of the secretaries came and they ran towards Brie. Brie looked like she was fuming, she went to the photographer and told him something.

After 30 minutes of still waiting, Brie came back and she turned to everyone "I'm going to have to cancel the shoot, the model we hired is unable to make it."

"Wait." as the photographer came. "What about her?"

She nearly fainted when she saw he was pointing at her. "she could work."

"Are you sure Gaston?" as Brie asked him. "I'm sure," he replied.

"Hailey." as Brie motioned for her to come over. "Go to the dressing room and get changed, we will pay you exactly what we're paying the model."

"Okay." she nodded as she went to change, she really could use the money. She went to the dressing room and they did her makeup and she got dressed. She came out feeling nervous, as she had never taken a photoshoot ever. She walked to the set.

"Not bad." as Brie nodded.

"Okay so Hailey, right?"

"Yes." as she nodded.

"You are going to model with Blake, I need you two to stand there and I will instruct you what to do, so you don't have to be nervous."
She nodded as she went to stand next to Blake. "Okay, let's start with a couple of shots, just to test things out." as Gaston said.

Then Blake pulled her into his arms "relax Hailey, I got you." as he grinned down at her. She just nodded. Gaston took a couple more shots, then Blake turned her around so that her back was to him, and his hand went around her waist and he pulled her too close.

"CUT!" She turned to the voice and noticed it wasn't Gaston.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please share the story Xxx