Chapter 22-Misery Loves Company

"Hailey! Hailey wake up!" She can hear the voice from a faint distance. She tries to place the voice, but she can't. Then she feels herself being lifted off the ground, her body feels too heavy for her and she sinks back into a deep sleep.

She opens her eyes and she is in an unfamiliar place. Her head is throbbing so badly, She tries to shift but she hurts herself instead. "ouch." she groans.

"I'm so glad you're okay." She turns to see Valerian.

She starts to panic, "how am I here?"

"Don't you remember?"

Hailey lets out a small "No."

"Someone broke into your house and they attacked you" as he raked his hand through his hair.

"That's not possible." as she responds in disbelief, who would do such a thing to her? What had she done so wrong. She started to think who had motive, Charlize maybe? But with what time since they were both at the dinner. She started to shudder at the thought that someone actually wanted to harm her.

How was she going to protect herself? She couldn't hide forever and It gave her shivers that someone out there was trying to get her, and she didn't know the reason for it.

"I bought you some food, you have been out for a while now. I'm sure you must be starving." Said Valerian.

She looked at the food and he was right as her stomach started grumbling. He chuckled a bit when he heard that.

When he placed the food in front of her, she dug into the plate very fast.

"Geez Hailey, you will actually kill yourself eating like that."

Hailey didn't pay attention to him at all as she continued eating her food. Valerian came and sat next to her on the bed, but she didn't mind him as the food that she was eating was very delicious. Then she felt him wiping the sides of my mouth. As he was laughing.

"What?" She asked him.

"It's cute the way you're eating. You look like a little chipmunk."

"Of all the animals you could compare me to, you decide to compare me to.."

Before she could finish her statement he then cut her off "swallow your food first." as he wiped the side of her mouth again.

She nodded as she swallowed her food.

"That's my girl."

She gave him a sarcastic look. Then he just winked at her. After she was done eating, "Are you full?" Valerian asked.

"I'm more than full," she responded.

Then he took the tray from her lap and went with it. Then she started to notice her surroundings. The room that she was in was too huge. It had a big bed and the roof was made of glass, you could actually see the sky and the stars from the bed. It was really neat.

When he came back, she asked him "Is this your room?"

"Yes." as he ruefully smiled at her.

She leaned back "what time is it? I have to go."

"An intruder broke into your house and they hit you." She saw his hand was clenched into a fist. "Thank goodness I heard your scream, or else it might have been worse."

She nodded "I still need to go home, Sir."

"Are you being stupid? What if they come back? Tell me what you will do?"

"I don't know yet." She couldn't afford to move to a new place as of now. She had to find a plan, and real soon.

"Stay with me for now until you figure it out," said Valerian.