Chapter 32-Okay?

"Okay Hailey, I will go first. Who was the guy that you having dinner with? He looks familiar, but I can't place him."

"That is my friend Alex, and we met at the Maldives."

Valerian's eyes become a bit hooded. "So, he is the guy you were talking to the whole night when we were there."
"Yes."

"So why is he here?"
"He came mainly for business but then he said he could spare some time and talk to me."

"Did you tell him to get a hold of you?"
"No, I didn't." as she became a bit defensive at his accusatory tone.

"Then how did he know how to find you?"
"I also asked him, and he said he tracked me down because I had told him that I work here."

"When I saw you guys having dinner, where you on a date?"

"No, we weren't. We were just catching up just like all friends do."
"So then why were you feeding each other cake?"
"I don't know, it just seemed fun I guess."
"Fun, fun Hailey! Is that all you can come up with."

"Well do you want me to lie to you then?"
"No, it's fine."
"Are you going to see him again?"
"Maybe, if he gets in touch before he goes back."

"I see."

"Okay, your turn," Valerian said.
"Are you over Charlize?"
"Yes, I am."
"Are you sure, because you always go back to her. So, I have heard."
"That is true, but there is definitely nothing that is going on between her and me anymore."
"Why?"
"Because I don't want her anymore Hailey, I want someone else." as he looks at her directly at her.

"What was the decisive factor that made you not want her anymore?"
"I was tired of her long before, but then I met you."
"So what you are saying is that if you get tired of me, you will also leave me in the same manner as her?"
"No Hailey that is not what I am saying and I will prove it to you that I am serious."
"Okay, I'm done," she says, but Valerian is not.

"So, you and Matt, is there something that went on between you two or that will happen?"

"No Matt is more my brother than anything else. He has been there for me for the longest time that I can remember so I owe that much to him, and to answer your other question, no nothing has happened."

"Okay, I see, your turn."

"I think the Charlize question was about it for me personally. I have nothing more to say."

"Okay, why did you act as if nothing happened in France?"

"Because I don't want people to know that I am in a relationship with the boss."

"Why not, am I that bad?"

"No, I don't want people thinking I got the job because of that. I want people to see me as me, not some hoe who screwed the boss to get where she is."

"Fair point."

"So how do we move on from this Hailey, are we making this happen? Yes or no?"

"Yes."