chapter 16-Sunrise

After Valerian left, She was fuming. Who did he think he was? He just broke into her house and gave her an ultimatum! She kicked off the bed covers and got out of bed, and went to check on her door. When she got there weirdly enough it was intact, and it wasn't broken. She examined it and it wasn't broken.

She locked her door and sat on the couch. She was burning with rage at the thought that the reason why Valerian would want her to keep her job was so he could have power over her. She went back to the events that had occurred in the Maldives.

Was she really going to have sex with Valerian? Her own Boss for crying out loud! and did she really have a reason to be mad at him? since she knew how he was like with women.

But Hailey hadn't expected him to utter those words. They kept replaying it in her head and they made her shiver down her spine.

The doorbell rang again and she was scared Valerian was going to knock it down again. So she went and unlocked it.

"What do you want now?" As she swung open the door, but it was Matt with a confused look on his face.

"Where you expecting someone else?" he asked her.

"No of course not Matt." She stuttered.

He raised his hands, "I bought wine and some takeaway with dessert." She wanted to cry because Matt knew her so well.

She opened the door wide and he got in and sat on the couch as she got the wine glasses, and set them on the table, She cleared the living room and then she sat next to Matt on the couch and put on their favorite t.v show. The food smelled so good and she hadn't eaten in a long time.

After eating and watching some t.v, Matt turned to her"Hails, what's been going on with you lately?" She didn't know if she wanted to lie to him as he knew everything about her. She sighed "stuff I don't want to talk about Matt."

She stiffened when he said, "Is it, Valerian?" She Looked over at him, "what would make you think that?"

"Ever since you came from the Maldives, I haven't seen you Hails, you skipped work and no offense you look like a hot mess." She just nodded.

"so what happened?" he kept on probing.

"I swear Matt when I'm ready to tell you, I will."

"Okay, but promise you will tell me when you're ready." He smiled lightly

"I promise."

They turned to the television and carried on watching the show.

Hailey got up," Matt I'm going to shower and I will be right back."

He looked at her with his teasing smile "great idea, I thought that a rat had died in here."

She took a pillow and hit him lightly with it as she went to grab a shower. She opened the hot water and got in and she bathed for a long time.

Hailey got out and blow-dried her hair. Then she changed to a clean set of pajamas and put on some socks and tied her hair into a messy bun.

She decided to tidy up her room as it was a huge mess and she made her bed. After that, she decided to go to Matt in the living room.

She went to the living room, "Matt you better have not watched a lot without me!" When she turned, sitting across him was Valerian.

We reached 10000 reads, I couldn't be any more thankful!! Thank you for your support, likes and comments, and messages. This really means a lot to me. If you have time please check out my new book, MY BROTHERS BEST FRIEND, THE PROSTITUTE AND THE PAINTER, I STALKED A PSYCHOPATH AND THE BAD BOY WANTS ME Xxx. Thank you again!!!