Chapter 30-Dining

She gets home and falls onto her bed in exhaustion. Hailey wakes up the next morning to find that she had overslept.

She rushed out of bed and realized she was running thirty minutes late.

She brushes her teeth, hops onto the shower quickly and dresses up. She dashes to work when she gets there, she tries to even her breath. "Really, the new intern is the one who gets to be late." she sees Clara telling the other receptionist.

Hailey looks down and carries on walking. She gets relieved that she wasn't caught. When it is time to leave she doesn't leave early because she was late.

She carries on with her work so that she can finish it, "you still here." She looks up and finds Valerian standing by the door.

"Yes Sir, I was just finishing up my work."
"Can we talk over dinner when you are done?"

"Yes, please give me half an hour then I will be done, Sir."

"Okay," he nods.

She knew that she had to eventually have this talk one way or the other and this day had to come. So why not today?

Hailey finally finishes up and Valerian's right on time, she takes her coat and puts it on. They walk outside and find his car parked up front.

They get in "where do you want to go, Hailey?"
"Anywhere but Je Taime is good for me, I don't want to have to deal with Matt too."

"Okay." as he chuckles.
They end up at Zest, an Italian restaurant and it is really beautiful they walk in and they are greeted by the manager himself.

She looks around and starts feeling out of place, Valerian is wearing a suit and he fits the place very well and she on the other doesn't look all too dressed up nor spectacular. At least she was wearing her work suit, so she looked formal. Then she nods to herself, agreeing with her thoughts.

Valerian looks down at her quizzically as if he is trying to read what's going on in her mind, as he is about to ask the manager speaks.

"Valerian long time no see." and he had a very heavy Italian accent which she envied a lot.

"Yes." as Valerian shakes his hand. "and this?" as he turns his attention to her.

"she is my date," he answers before she could say anything.

"Welcome, mam it is so nice to have you here." as he takes her hand and kisses it. She sees Valerian narrowing his eyes at the gesture, but she just laughs because she sees he means no harm.

They are led to the table at the back and given a wine list and she doesn't know what to order as she didn't know what good wine tasted like.

"Is it fine if I order for you wine, Hailey?"
"Yes please." As she is relieved.

"We will have chardonnay two thousand and five." As he tells the waiter.

"For both of you Sir?"
"Yes." as Valerian looks at her to see if she is okay with it.

She looks down at the menu but when she sees the price, she is flabbergasted. What the hell was this place, she could buy six dresses at a local store and still have change.

She starts to notice all the prices on this menu, this was too much. As much as she loved food this was just ridiculous.

"Sorry, please cancel out the wine for me, what is your cheapest drink here?"

"It's fine Hailey, I got it."
"No you don't, I got myself."

"How about our cocktails mam."

She turns the page and the prices don't have that much of a bigger difference to the wines. She was starting to get a headache.

"A glass of water for me please,"
"Please bring two glasses of wine." as Valerian tells the waiter in his commanding voice.

"Yes, Si.r" and the waiter scurries away in a rush.

"Okay Sir lets talk about the elephant in the room shall we?"