Chapter 29-Old times

She returns to the restaurant, "Hailey, come here." She turns to see Matt motioning her over and he gives her a rueful look. "Are you okay?" he asks. she nods in response.

"Okay we will talk when we knock off." and he goes into the kitchen without leaving her any room to argue at all.

When they finish work, she waits for Matt as he locks the doors. He turns around and looks at her waiting for an explanation. she sighs "Matt there is not much I can say, I don't know what you want to hear from me."

"I just want to know what goes on in your life Hails, you never tell me anything these days, we used to share everything but now that you started working for Valerian you have somewhat changed."

"Matt I am bound to change, that is what life is all about you know, I can't be the same Hailey you knew."

"Yeah but Hails, you not changing the way I imagined you to change. You now look somewhat secretive, you used to be closed off but not this closed off. You used to let down your guard by me but now I don't know what happened."

"Matt somethings are meant to share, and some are not, you have to understand surely. I'm sure you have secrets of your own."

"Yeah but my secrets are different from yours Hails if I told you to mine it could risk our friendship."

"How could it Matt, there is nothing that could ever bring our friendship to an end. I see you as my brother."

She sees Matt exhale, "I just want the best for you Hails."
"I know that, and I am doing just fine that much I can swear to you."
"Fine if you say so."
"Do you want Ice-cream" she loops her arm around his.

"Right now, Hails?"

"Yes, why not?" He has his thinking face on.

"Come on Matt we used to do it all the time, for old time sake" as she smiles at him.

"Fine let's go, I think Rogers should be still open and we can get some cookie dough." she squeals in excitement.

"Wow, when was the last time I saw you this excited." he chuckles.

They get to Rogers and it is still open. she is so excited, she gets scoops of cookie dough, mint and cheesecake and Matt just sticks to cookie dough.

They sit down, and she notices that is almost two in the morning. She wriggles in her seat and scoops a spoonful of ice cream and shoves it into her mouth.

"I guess some things never change?"
"what never what Matt?"
"I mean your habit of wanting Ice cream at night, and you still have the same look, its as if you are trying all these flavors for the first time."

She laughs, "really?"

"Yes really, it feels good to see you smile."

"Have you watched all of the seasons of Jane the Virgin?"
"No."

"You lie Matt but to make it even I did kinda watch all the seasons of Brooklyn nine-nine without you."

"No Hails that taking it too far."
"Well if we have to be fair we both did wrong, but I don't mind re-watching all the episodes with you."
"They were that good huh?"
"Yes Matt, so fantastic but I don't want to tell you any spoilers."
"Hails if I told you the big spoiler in Jane the Virgin you would hate me."
"No my spoiler in Brooklyn nine-nine is bigger trust me."
"Fine, you know what Hails we will watch the shows and then, only then will we decide which one has the biggest spoiler."
"Yes I agree and the loser has to buy dinner and dessert"

"Well my lady you have a deal by me." she laughs as it felt like the old times all over again when Matt and she used to do this.
After they finish with the Ice Cream, Matt walks her to the bus station and she gets on the bus and waves at him.

She starts to ponder as she sits there, what if Matt was right? what if she had changed for the worst and didn't see it.

A/N: Hey, I hope you are all well, Instagram: Tanz.v you can send me a message.