Chapter 34-surreal

She turns to Alex, "what brings you here?"

"Well, I wanted to discuss with you something over dinner."
"Okay, but on one condition."

"What is that Hailey?"
"We go to a cheap place please."
He laughs "sure why not, where do you want to go?"
"Burger King"
"Burger King it is then."
They pull up at burger king and they get out the car, they walk inside and go order. "what do you recommend?" as he looks at her.

"The whopper is a great choice, get us a space to sit and I will order for the both of us." She walks up to the counter.

"Evening, your order?"

"I would like two whoppers please."
"Drinks?"
"One coke and one Fanta orange please"
She pays with her card and they wait for their order. When it's done she takes it and finds Alex. "That was very quick."

"and it's convenient." as she agrees with him.

She places the tray down and they dig into the food. "This is quite good."

"It is, have you never had burger king before?"

"Not really."
They finish their meal and Alex turns and looks at her seriously. "Hailey, I wanted to offer you a huge opportunity."

"What opportunity?"
"I am expanding my business and I would like it if you were my right hand."

"You want me to be your business partner?"

"Yes, I want to go to England to start expanding from there, when you agree we can look at the contract, shares, etc."
"Wow that is really a huge offer but I'm sorry I would have to decline on the spot."
"Why"
"It's complicated, I can't move away but thank you for thinking about me."

"Oh, are you sure you really don't want to think it through?"

"No, not really" as she gave him a reassuring smile.
"Does it have to do with the guy you were with at the Maldives?"
"Yes it does." as she answers truthfully.

"I see."

"I'm sorry but I hope you find someone who can help you with your venture."

"thank you, Hailey."

"It's my pleasure."
They talk a bit more about their plans and what has been going on and she realizes that it is late. "Let me drop you off at your place."

"Okay."

They drive and when they get to her place she finds Valerian standing by the front door. "Do you want me to get out?"

"No thanks, it's fine but thank you, Alex, for tonight and travel safely."
"You too Hailey, until we meet again."
She gets out of his car and waves at him as he drives off.

She takes out her keys from her bag and she walks up to the front door and Valerian is looking at her furiously.

"Where have you been?" He asks roughly.
"I went to have dinner with Alex."

"Why couldn't you send me a message to tell me that because I called you plenty of times, but you did not answer."
"Sorry, my phone was on silent." As she puts in the key in the doorknob and unlocks the door. She walks in and he follows her, closing the door.