Chapter 26~New boys

Two weeks had passed, and she hadn't seen Valerian in a while. Hailey didn't know why it bothered her a bit, at the least expected times she would confuse him with someone walking by or she would be beet red when she remembered Paris. It had been a magical night for her.

Now she had pushed him away which was for the best as she didn't want him to be with her out of self-pity or guilt. She rubbed her temples as she shakes the thoughts out of my head. Clara walks in "Hailey there want to see you at the front desk."

She closes her laptop and she gets up wondering who is looking for her. She walks out into the front office and there she sees someone standing and she is not quite sure who it is. She sees Clara and Maggie giggling.

"She is here." then the stranger turns. "Haley." as he walks towards her with his arms open and he engulfs her with a hug. She pulls back after a minute, "Alex what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you of course." as he chuckles.
"You couldn't haven't possibly come all this way to just see me."

"Very well you got me, let's have dinner tonight."

"Sure."

"What place do you suggest?" Alex asked.

"Je Taime, I work there and after I work a bit you can come, and we can sit down and have dinner together."

" That sounds perfect, I guess I will see you later in the evening then."

"Sure." as she smiles at him. With that, he turns and leaves. "Bye ladies."

"Bye Alex." as they giggle amongst themselves. They had resorted to ignoring her unless someone was looking for her or if it involved asking for something, but that was better than being bothered by them.

She walks back to her workplace and finishes off her work. After work, she gets up and changes into her waitress outfit and she makes her way to the restaurant. She gets there, and finds Matt, "Hey Matt."

"Hey, how was work?" he replies.

"Just a long day that's all and you?"
"Same." as he chuckles.

"Oh yeah, one of my friends is coming here at eight is it fine if I sit down and have dinner with them here?"

"Sure Hails, any friend of yours is a friend of mine."

"Thanks, Matt."

They start serving customers, She had three hours to work till Alex got here, so she works very hard, so she can have the break. She takes her apron off when eight strikes.

She sees Alex walking in and she waves at him, he sits at the backroom that is outside.

"What would you like to drink?"

"Aren't you joining me?"

"I am, I'm just getting us drinks and placing our order."

"Oh okay," he orders a bottle of champagne for both of them and lasagna, which she makes it two. She goes and places their orders as she takes the wine glasses and set them on the table and the lasagna. She finally sat down across him.

"I thought you would never finish."

"sorry I work here, and I am on duty, but my friend did a favor for me and let me have dinner, but I can at least wait for my own table to make up for it you know."

"Very clever, well this looks delicious."

"I will send compliments to the chef."

"I would appreciate it if you did," said Alex.

"Of course,"

"And I also send my regards to the server." As he winks at her.

"Why, thank you very much." as she bows lightly.

She gets up to open the champagne, but Alex insists upon doing it, "I don't want you to serve me, we are having dinner as two friends."

"Okay." as she laughs. He pours champagne for the both of them, she takes a sip and it tingles in her mouth.

"So how have you been Hailey?"

"I have been okay, there is not much to talk about, except that I work two jobs. What about you?" as they dig into their meal.

"Well I am here to expand my business and close deals but that's not a story for now."

"Oh okay." as she leaves the matter, she wonders to herself what kind of business he did, that he had to come down here, but she would ask him about it later

"Have you been surfing still?" she asked.

"Yes, I love it, it is refreshing, and it gives me time to free myself and not worry about much."

"Wow, I'm jealous." As she swoons over the imagery that he is painting.
"You should come with me this weekend."

"Sure, I would love to." as she says it with sarcasm.

"I'm being serious."

"If I had the money, I would definitely come with, but I don't. Maybe sometime when I can afford it."

"I can pay for you, you know."

"I know you can, but I don't want you to."

"But you promise to go with me, the minute you get the money?"

"Of, course. I also want to learn how to surf, it seems like a lot of fun."

"It really is Hailey."

They eat, until they are full, and carry on laughing, she had forgotten how much fun Alex was. Her whole week had been glum, but he was like a ray of sunshine making her laugh.

"You look beautiful when you smile Hailey."

"Thank you." she smiles warmly at him.

The sliding doors open and then a bunch of men walks in, which she doesn't pay attention to, as she carries on talking to Alex.

"Isn't that Hailey?"

She thought she was hearing things, but she definitely knew someone said her name. Her eyes flicker a bit and there she sees Colhane and next to him is Valerian staring at her.