Nothing's that far when you're near

A/N: Hello all :) How are you guys? This still isn't the last chapter buuuut it's close. Makes me so sad to let go :( And yes I was mean and ended it there, lol.

Enjoy! :)

------

"Wow, hey what...", Mike snickered delightfully when the singer pushed him against the couch, kissing his lips.

Chester had went to do organize things and sign some papers that were needed for the divorce to proceed as fast as possible. He didn't want Mike with him, thinking it would be just awkward to Mike either wait in car or then listen through all the talk that was really meant only for Talinda, him and their lawyers.

"Hey. Missed you", Chester breathed massaging his shoulders.

Mike rolled his eyes laughing. "You were gone maybe like three hours."

"I know, I know... So what have you done in the meantime?" Chester asked rolling next to him and lifting his jean clad legs to Mike's lap.

"Nothing much. I went for a walk and then I called Brad."

"How's he? How's... the issue?" Chester raised his eyebrow. He was rather ecstatic how well Brad was dealing with it, really proving how good friend he was.

"He is fine. I can hear in his voice that he still struggles with the idea of us being together, but he is adamant to deal with the issue. The statement is out as he said we don't even need to see it since it is perfect", the emcee nodded.

"Well... I would have wanted to see it."

"We trust Brad, right? If he did it then it's good", Mike pointed out.

Chester scrunched his nose and nodded then. "Yeah, you're right. Besides he had an idea anyway."

"Did you get to see the response already?" the half Asian asked receiving a shook. "Well, it seems that people really are on our side. There were few comments saying that even if it would be true she has no say into it. Which... made me cringe cause we cheated anyway."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. Some were calling Talinda with pretty bad names and then I decided that I probably shouldn't read further. Cause there would have been the other side too at some point", Mike continued shaking his head.

Silence fell over them, both thinking about different things. Mike was afraid of what the public statement would do and Chester was mostly worried would Talinda try something else if this wouldn't work out for her.

"You know what annoys me", Chester said causing Mike to shake the thoughts away and glance at him. "I would love to travel with you."

"We get to travel a lot, when the album is finished", Mike laughed.

"Don't be an ass. I meant you and me together. As a couple. But we can't. Cause of the publicity and cause we are supposed to be doing the album. We are stuck", the singer sighed frowning.

"Hey, we knew it when Hybrid Theory sold well. We knew this was what it would be like. And you know you wouldn't want it any other way", Mike smiled to him stroking his legs.

"Yeah yeah yeah... I know", Chester groaned knowing Mike was right. Always the smart one.

"You're not regretting that we didn't come out as couple? I think it is better that we deny what Talinda says", the emcee said.

"No I'm not regretting it. But our fans are not stupid. They will find it out eventually. Are we... what do we say then?" Chester sighed feeling the headache pounding in the back of his head. Still this whole situation was annoying him.