Part thirteen

I went to my friends house and walked in. She knew I was coming and welcomed me in. She lived alone so it was perfect.

Her name is Sofie and she is really pretty

Me and Sofie had been close since middle school

Sofie: hey girl. Are you okay!

Alex: yup I'm fine just needed to get away from Colby for a little while.

Me and Sofie gossiped and talked for hours. We did everything best friends could do and then we heard the doorbell ring. I had a really bad feeling about it.

Sofie: I will get it!

Sofie answered the door and since I was only in the other room, I could hear everything.

Colby: is Alex here?

Sofie: why do you care!

Colby: just tell me

Sofie: she doesn't want to see you.

I had to talk to him so I left the room. He saw me and walked in past Sofie. He tried to hug me but I wouldn't let him.

Colby: Alex. Please come back!

Alex: why

Colby: I guess I will just have to stay here. With you and Sofie then.
You are supposed to be with me all the time.

Alex: you know what!?! Fine! I'm coming back!!

Sofie: WHAT!!? No

Alex: Sofie thank you and I love you. I will see you later.

I walked to Sofies room and got out my stuff and walked out the door with Colby. We got into the car and silently drove back. We went into the house and I went strait to the guest room.

Colby: Alex! Please talk to me.

Alex: no

Colby: this will never get better if we don't talk.

Alex: fine you want to talk? Talk.

Colby: why is everything an argument to you?

I walked out of my room to talk to Colby and we sat down on the couch.

Colby: Alex okay. I want to be with you. I can't handle not being with you. But you can't do stuff like get mad at me and then hug on another boy in front of me and not expect me to be upset.

Alex: Colby....

Colby's eyes started to water and he looked down and help his face.
I wrapped my arms around his waist and held onto him for a few minutes. He looked up and hugged me. We sat there on the couch for a couple more minutes hugging.

Alex: I'm sorry.... Shawn and me dated for a while but we are friends and that's all.

All the sudden there was a ding at the door. I got up to answer it but before I could open the door it opened.

Shawn: Alex, I know we haven't talked in a while but I miss you. I really want to hang out with you soon. So do you want to go on a date with me?

I froze. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to hurt Shawn but I wanted Colby.

Alex: let me get back to you....?

Shawn: oh uhhh.. okay

Alex: I just have to make sure I have the time...

Shawn: oh okay! So is that a yes?

Alex: maybe...

Shawn: oh.. well I should get going. Text me or call me whenever!

Shawn gave me a hug and left.
I turned and looked at Colby. His face was red and he stood up.

Colby: ALEX! What the hell!!

Alex: I'm not going to go on a date with him! I just said that because I can't hurt him. I might hang out with him but not a date! I promise.

Colby: you might not think it's a date but what about him? What if he tries to do something?

Alex: he won't! Not without my permission!

Colby: whatever!

Alex: Colby! Hey look at me.

I walked over to him and put my arms around his neck.

Alex: I want you. Not him... YOU!

I kissed him on the check and ran up the stairs. It was late and I was tired.
He followed me and we went into his room and laid down.

Colby: Alex...?

Alex: yeah?

Colby: I'm sorry...

Alex: for what...?

Colby: I.... nothing. Goodnight.

Alex: uhhh... okay?

Colby: *whisper*
I love you Alex...

I turned my head and looked at him. He was already asleep.

Alex: I love you to Colby Brock.

------------
-----