Part fourteen

I woke up and looked over at Colby. He was awake and just looking at me.

Alex: your creepy!

Colby: no I'm not!!

Alex: how long have you been staring at me?

Colby: only a couple of minutes!

Alex: yeah whatever!

We laughed and I looked at the time. It was only 3 in the morning.

Alex: Colby... how long have you been awake?

Colby: I just woke up a couple of minutes bef-

Colby got cut off by a loud sound. It was like a thump or something. We both looked at each other and I started to panic.

Colby: shhhhh. It's okay just be quite.

Colby got out of bed in only his basketball shorts and slowly walked out of the room. I sat up and listened.

Colby: HEYY!! Get out!

All the sudden I heard a painful scream. I couldn't tell who it was coming from so I froze. Then the front door opened and it was quite. I didn't say anything for a couple of mins.

I got the nerve to go look. I walked out of the room and down the stairs. Colby was on the floor holding his stomach.

Colby: Alex!

I ran over to him.

Alex: oh my god!! Colby!!!

Colby: get help!

I called 911 and they said they would be there in a couple of minutes. I held Colby until they got there and took him away. He got stabbed in the stomach area. They questioned me and asked me if I saw the person who stabbed Colby. I was honest with them and then they let me go to the hospital. Since visiting hours where over I sat in the wait room until 6 in the morning. They said I could see him and we went to his room. He was laying in his bed and looked over at me when I walked in.

Colby: hey beautiful.

I started to cry. I walked over to him and hugged him. He told me that the person who stabbed him got really close to a major artery and that's why it was so bad.
The doctors are letting him go in a couple of hours.

Alex: I'm sorry!

Colby: it's not your fault Alex!

Lexi: you sure about that? Everything seems to be her fault. Us breaking up, you and Sams friendship ending, this.

I turned around to see Lexi standing there. She smiled and walked over to Colby, shoving me out of the way.
She leaned in and hugged him while whispering something in his ear. He laughed and smiled. Then turned to me and stopped.

Lexi: I hope you get better Colby! I miss you.

She leaned in and kissed him on the check but he turned his head and kissed her on the lips. She smirked and walked away.

I looked at Colby and he was looked at Lexi walk away. He was smiling and happy.

I walked out of the room and didn't look back. I ran down the hall and kept running until I was out of the building then I drove home and locked myself in the guest room. I fell asleep. I woke up and looked at my phone. It was 5 in the afternoon. I had so many text messages and calls from colby.

He was getting let out and needed someone to take him home. He called everyone he could then called Lexi. She picked him up. I didn't know if he was home or not so I left my room looking like a bum and went down stairs. I wasn't surprised to see them cuddled up on the couch asleep.