xvii. snow ball '84

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:SNOW BALL '84

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
SNOW BALL '84

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

ONE MONTH LATER

THE RED DRESS fit Liz perfectly, just like it had a week ago when Steve had taken her dress shopping. After the moment that Max and Liz had shared after escaping the tunnels, Liz wanted to make sure she looked amazing for the Snow Ball so she could impress Max. She still didn't like admitting it to herself but she was slowly starting to accept the fact that she liked Max Mayfield and she had a feeling that Max liked her back.

"Liz, hurry up! We gotta leave in a few minutes to pick up Dustin!" Steve yells up the stairs. Liz takes a deep breath and smiles at herself in the mirror before exiting her bedroom and making her way down the stairs.

Steve was standing by the front door when Liz got to the end of the stairs and he smiled at her as he looked her up and down, "You look beautiful. There's no way that she won't see that."

Liz bites her lip to hide a smile and looks down at her feet in embarrassment at her brother complimenting her, "Thanks, Steve."

Steve takes a look at his watch and his eyes widen, "Come on, we gotta go."

Liz was ushered out to the car by Steve and she got in the front seat. She would get in the back seat once they got to Dustin's since she knew Dustin and Steve had gotten close over the last month because of what they all went through. Liz had gotten close to Max, as well, the girls even going as far as to have a couple sleepovers at Liz's house. Her feelings for the girl had only grown the more time they spent together. Liz wasn't totally sure but she knew that there was something between her and Max. The only question was, was it meant to be platonic or something more?

They pulled in front of Dustin's house and the minute Dustin walked out his door, Liz's eyes widened at his hair. She looked over at Steve, "You didn't."

"That was all him, but I did know he was going to do it tonight," Steve explains. "He looks good, right?"

Liz chuckles slightly, "He looks like you but curlier."

She stepped out of the car and Dustin smiled at her before looking her up and down, "Liz! You look great!"

Liz smiles, "So do you. The hair looks good, you're kinda rocking it."

Dustin pats his head, "Thank you."

Liz chuckles before moving aside and letting him get in the front seat while she went to the back. The ride to the school was silent and Liz was extremely nervous to face her redheaded best friend that just so happened to be her crush. Steve pulled up in front of the gym entrance, "All right, guys, here we are."