26.

Chapter 26.
Do you wanna argue?

Anaaya.

I ran back to my room when I heard my husband's footsteps. I picked up my pillow and then started to make my bed.

I put on a sheet over the couch and then placed the pillow on it. I didn't want to sleep on the same bed as him tonight. We always woke up in each other's arms, no matter what and after the embarrassing way he had yelled at me, I didn't want to let him off so easy.

I was in the process of getting my comforter that Hassan's shadow loomed over me and I realised he was right behind me.

"Leave them." He whispered.

I looked at him agitated.

"What happens if I don't leave?" I said back. "Will you scream and humiliate me again?"

Hassan looked at me conflicted, a few seconds later he finally sighed.  

"I didn't want to scream at you but you were talking to a wall. My brother would never understand your point of you, what was the point of fighting with him?" He questioned.

"Because he was wrong. I had to shut him up."

"And did you?"

"I did more than what you did there. You should have protected Rania." I replied.

He scowled.

"Don't tell me what I have to do or what I don't. Next time, you do not abuse any member of my family." He stated, telling me there was a line.

I chuckled.

"And they can abuse me?"

"No one will ever say anything to you in this house. You're my wife." He answered.

"Apparently Azlaan seems to disagree. If he comes at me again, I will reply in the same way." I told him.

"There's no point in talking to him. He's stubborn and he won't understand anyway." Hassan explained.

I knew he wanted me to ignore him. But just because someone was arrogant and stubborn, it didn't mean you could ignore their wrong doings.

"Just don't even talk about it, please."

I moved away quickly and in the process I heard my neck crack. A sudden pain reached my neck and I held it it tightly.

Hassan looked at me with concern.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, why do you care?" I shot back.

Just because he had been supportive towards his sister, didn't mean that I would forget the way he talked to me.

"Stop acting like a child!" He exclaimed in annoyance.

"Can you stop acting like you can order me around?"  I mumbled.

He held my arm in a tight hold, making me look at him.

"If being concerned about my wife is ordering her then you need to get your ears checked."

He replied.

I was tired and annoyed. So much had happened in the past few days, I just wanted to sleep it off. I hadn't slept properly in what seemed like a month.

"Can we just finish this? Let me sleep it off." I suggested looking at him.

He shook his head not letting go of my arm.

"No, we need to talk and end this discussion right now." He said instead.

"I'm tired of your family's drama, Hassan." I mumbled.

I know I might have sounded a little insensitive but we had left our honeymoon just to come here and be with the family in this hard time. And I had gotten nothing but stress out of it.

"My family's drama? Like you're not a part of it?" He shot back and I chuckled in sarcasm.

"Am I even your family? Because your brother clearly told me I'm not and you didn't say a word." I replied, indirectly complaining about the hurt that I had felt because of him.

"My sister was bruised and beaten. You think I would even pay attention to what Azlaan was saying?"

He questioned back in disbelief. It made me feel guilty so I just rolled my eyes and looked away mumbling a small whatever.

Hassan grabbed my arm again. making me glance at him.

"For the record you are my family."  

I melted right there but I didn't let his words show the effect on me.

I looked away.

"You're just saying it to finish this argument, you clearly think otherwise." I responded with a frown.

Hassan looked at me in exasperation. It was like he was simply tired of everything and I was the hurdle in his way.

But I was tired too. This was all too much to handle. I wished we could go back to Corsica.

"Do you really want to be this way? You want to argue?" He asked, his tone totally blank leaving me no clue about what was going on in his mind.

"I never said that." I murmured.

I started to straighten the bedsheet. He sat on it, not even caring that I was trying to make the bed.

"But your stance is telling me so and I am not in the mood." He strated to use his phone, not bothering to look at me.

His words somehow made me bitter. I  didn't know why but I felt so moody and cranky that every word of his made me feel like he was taunting me.

I guess I was just tired.

I rolled my eyes.

"Then don't talk to me." I remarked.

He did not really say anything for a while. He kept calm and quiet for a minute or two, then he sighed. I waited for him to say something but he didn't.

He stood up, gave me one look. A look that was enough to make me not say anything. He looked at me as if he was expecting better from me and it made me feel guilty. Even though I had not done anything.

"Yes, I think that would be better."

With that, he walked out of the bedroom, slamming the door shut.

I suddenly missed home. Marriage was not a piece of cake. I got that.
__

Heyyy guys!!!

Okay short chapter but here you go!!

What do you think of Hassan and anaaya so far??

Please comment and vote more

Bubyeeee ♥️