33.

A soft chapter cause I was feeling all fluffy.

Here you go. Comment alottt!! Vote!!

Chapter 33
To love.

Anaaya x Hassan

Anaaya hadn't been able to sleep after the argument that had happened at the dinner table. She hadn't seen Hassan lose his cool in front of his parents. Never.

He had always been so respectful and so gentle, so affectionate towards the beings that brought him to life. He was clearly distraught at the whole situation.

She thought about how he had literally said he didn't care if Anaaya went with him or not. And she felt proud of herself for saying that she didn't care either.

Hassan came in the bedroom about an hour later, Anaaya didn't bother to look at him. Infact with her side lamp on, she kept reading the book she liked the most.

A thousand splendid suns. Khaled Hossaini.

A book she had always read. When she was sad, happy, angry, disappointed, in need for a good cry. It took her mind off things. But not even Khaled Hossaini's emotional words could cure what Hassan had said.

His words affected her deeply.

Hassan sighed as he turned around in his bed once again..the yellow lamp light disturbing his sleep.

His mood was already glum and all he needed was just one night of a good sleep. But it didn't seem like Anaaya was going to switch off the light anytime soon.

"Can you switch off the light?" He still said, silently wishing they both could just sleep it all off. Whatever had happened through out the day.

"No." Responded a voice in montone.

Hassan leaned against the bed post and looked at his wife.

He glanced at Anaaya who was still busy reading, who didn't even spare him a glance.

"You should sleep. It's not good for your health." He stated silently.

He wanted her to switch off the light so he could sleep. But he also wanted her to doze off since her eyes had huge bags.

"You don't care, remember?" Anaaya reminded him of his bitter words.

Hassan inhaled a deep breath.

"Anaaya.." He trailed.

"Don't Anaaya me." She snapped at him and then went back to reading.

"I didn't mean it like that." Hassan tried to defend himself, to justify the words that he had said and to say something that would actually make sense.

"Then what did you mean Hassan? How can you possibly defend yourself saying that you don't care if I'm with you or not?" Anaaya's voice was completely calm.

She wasn't shouting or yelling..she was literally just calm. Talking like she actually wanted to understand.

"Of course I care."

"You and I both know that saying and showing are two completely different things." She replied, then went back to reading her book.

Hassan remained quiet for a minute or two. Then he looked at his wife again.

"Have I not shown you that I care about you?"

At his quiet inquiry, she remembered all the times where he had been understanding and lovely. Yes, he showed that he cared but words cut like knives. And him saying he didn't care hurt her.